Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early Leather Billed Ortsgruppen Leiter visor

Article about: Another item I have owned for about 2 decades is this early Ortsgruppenleiter leather billed visor. The visor came from the Ed Stadniki collection via Bill Shea. These leather billed visors

Default Early Leather Billed Ortsgruppen Leiter visor

Another item I have owned for about 2 decades is this early Ortsgruppenleiter leather billed visor.

The visor came from the Ed Stadniki collection via Bill Shea.

These leather billed visors are scarce if not out right rare especially in this condition.

If anyone has info on who owned this as the name is seen on the tag in the celluloid shield I'd be very grateful & thankful for knowing more of who the owner was.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Leather Billed Ortsgruppen Leiter visor   Early Leather Billed Ortsgruppen Leiter visor  

Early Leather Billed Ortsgruppen Leiter visor   Early Leather Billed Ortsgruppen Leiter visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Leather Billed Ortsgruppen Leiter visor
    P
    Many

?

Very nice! I suspect that underneath that velvet band is a wool band from its first incarnation...

Quote by Arran View Post
    Very nice! I suspect that underneath that velvet band is a wool band from its first incarnation...
    Don't know, never took a look & would not understand how to go about looking for something like that.

?

Terrific visor, the early party visors have a great look. Thanks for posting this.

Nice early cap.
    -TJ-

?

That is a beautiful cap!
    Regards, Al

?

a beauty!

Rich, congrats, a rare beast, and even more rare in that condition.
    Any RZM tag?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Rich, congrats, a rare beast, and even more rare in that condition.
    Any RZM tag?
    Thanks for your congrats stonemint.

Yes, there is an RZM tag. Joining the Forum as a paying member has its perks. Just discovered this:

20--A 1/20 Keller & Co, Glauchau (Sachsen) is the producer according to the RZM label code producers found in the section of how to read the RZM tag

I also see the tag dated 1934, so I'd suppose that puts this somewhere in the 1934 production or slightly early 1935.

Just saw the sweat band stitching is coming apart. At the age the visor is it is no surprise. Now with the images I just took, no need to lift the sweat band. Perhaps it can be re stitched but at the age it is surprisingly the leather is still somewhat supple. If I were to effect a repair I am not certain how I'd go about getting stitching done. Any hints or leave it alone? Thanks for any tips on that.

The visor is on a visor stand that has the expandable insert in place. not overly tight but just enough to keep the visor in place.

Quote by Arran View Post
    Thank you Arran. However, I have taken a closer look, the velvet band is not an addition after manufacture, it is an original upgrade by the manufacturer. There is 1 spot where I can see the tricot (?) material that extends downward covered by the velvet band. So no lifting or other means of examination was required to discover that.

With this post and finished editing, I just joined the WRF as this resource is an immense help in so many ways!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Leather Billed Ortsgruppen Leiter visor   Early Leather Billed Ortsgruppen Leiter visor  

Hello,
    very nice cap!
    The cap belongs to a person from my region of origin, Thüringen: Hardisleben, village north of Apolda (+/- 20KM) north of Weimar. It is not a very common name ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast