Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early SS Visor

Article about: I'm putting another one up for discussion. It's looks like an early Tellerform visor of unknown maker. Unfortunately the auction house has not included a photo of the rzm tag under the sweat

?

Default Early SS Visor

I'm putting another one up for discussion. It's looks like an early Tellerform visor of unknown maker. Unfortunately the auction house has not included a photo of the rzm tag under the sweatband but describes it as the earlier white rzm label. The visor is in nice condition and has a lovely toned chinstrap, almost brown. It has the proper stampings and RFSS label and the auction house states it's marked 36 under the sweatband. It's actually a very nice early visor but unfortunately the skull is fake. The eagle looks nice maybe an Assmann 155/36? a great visor to add to a collection but with auction fees the lowest winning bid would be $7500 to start plus the cost of a nice skull, at least $1500. Putting it at a whopping $9k best case scenario. Feel free to comment.

Early SS VisorEarly SS Visor

Regards, Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS Visor
    P
    Many

Al, the cap is good, but it will cost you another 1500 to find a nice matching skull, so this thing will be waaaay overpriced when the dust settles.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Al, the cap is good, but it will cost you another 1500 to find a nice matching skull, so this thing will be waaaay overpriced when the dust settles.
    I agree, it's a shame because it's a nice cap but not worth the investment even though I have replacement skulls. I wonder if the auction house knew the skull was fake would they have priced it a bit lower. It still may sell though, people get crazy at auctions. This is not one that will end up revamped on dealer website.
    Regards, Al

?

I'm guessing they knew it was a fake Al. If I could tell then they definitely could or they have no business writing descriptions. The descriptions on visors at this action are not that detailed. They don't mention manufactures for caps or insignia.

I prefer more details personally.
    Nice cap but will cost to much.

Tim

?

Too bad because the actual visor is a nice early looker. I love the deep toned interior, the chinstrap and the overall shape of the cap.

You don't often get all the details and pics on these auctions, then there is the no return policy to contend with. In this case plenty of quality photo's but they neglected a key component, the rzm label. I've requested several times for a photo of the tag to no avail.
    Regards, Al

?

I secured more photo's from the auction house of the interior. Label marked #5 (firm of Hermann Ernst Adolf?) marked for 1936.

Too bad all the extra fees and costs associated with this cap are prohibitive.

Early SS Visor

Early SS Visor

Early SS Visor

Early SS Visor
    Regards, Al

?

Well it sold for $6,400 plus $1600 buyers premium, plus sales tax, shipping and another 5% if you used Liveauctioneer as a bidding platform, So roughly $8,500 plus you need a new skull for about $1500. The hobby is alive and well

Early SS Visor
    Regards, Al

?

Wow 10000 total to be all in on a nice em. That's a lot.

?

......Too Tooooooo much

?

I know but that WSS that sold at auction was a real bargain.

Somebody got a good deal. I'll bet it shows up on a dealer website with a new price

Early SS Visor
    Regards, Al

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast