Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Em/nco visor

Article about: Hi Gents, I just picked up this Heer Infantry EM/NCO contract visor made by Denecke. I think the adler was added post war because as you can see the patina doesn't match the wreath, while th

Default Em/nco visor

Hi Gents, I just picked up this Heer Infantry EM/NCO contract visor made by Denecke. I think the adler was added post war because as you can see the patina doesn't match the wreath, while the prongs of the adler penetrate through the liner but the wreath doesn't.Can someone please tell me what 13 / J.R. 74 means, is it 13th Inf Reg. or Inf. Reg 74, I looked on Lexikon but I'm not really sure how to use it. Also the capitol I meaning. It also has what I think is the name of the supplier of the s/b stamped in red.Thank You and thanks for looking.Em/nco visorEm/nco visorEm/nco visorEm/nco visorEm/nco visorEm/nco visorEm/nco visorEm/nco visor
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Em/nco visor
    P
    Many

The 74th Infantry Regiment became the 74th Panzer-Grenadier Regiment, which was a part of the 19th Panzer Division.
    The '13' would be the 13th Kompanie...

74. Panzergrenadier Regiment
    - Regimental Staff
    - Regimental Band
    - Regimental Staff Company
    - 2 x Battalion (mot)
    - Infantry Gun Company (mot)

?

The Capital I is actually a 1. Issued items to soldiers were often graded 1 (I) , 2 (II) or 3 (III)depending on their condition. 1 being the best and 3 being the worst. A (III) graded item issued to a soldier would be so worn out from previous constant use that it would now only be suitable for fatigue use wear etc and not when walking out etc. This type of marking is fairly common on reissued Tunics and Contract Caps such as yours.
    Cheers,
    Colin

Thank you guys
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.