Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Felt german pith helmets

Article about: Got another bet going on in reference to the "DAK" or Tropical felt pith helmet known as the second pattern. Does anyone have a period pic of one being worn ? If so, any idea where

Default Felt german pith helmets

Got another bet going on in reference to the "DAK" or Tropical felt pith helmet known as the second pattern. Does anyone have a period pic of one being worn ? If so, any idea where or what theatre of operation it is worn in. The "Bet" is that they were never issued.

Don't think Bill will mind. We are not saying they are fake, but doubts about if ever issued. Everyone seen is in unissued condition.... ??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Felt german pith helmets  
    Last edited by real steel; 10-17-2017 at 01:34 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Felt german pith helmets
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Well I don't have any photos to show, but I have seen these in very very salty condition that certainly looked battle worn.

Mine of course is as you noted, unissued with the nice "made in Germany" stamp on the sweatband when they were imported and sold as surplus in the US
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Gents, I am unaware of any photos of the felt pith helmets in wear.
    I was told back in the 70s that they were unissued.
    Unique Imports was selling them back then in unissued condition--I believe you had to buy the insignia separately, as they did not come installed.
    Maybe someone has one of the old catalogs they could show?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Slightly off-topic, but here is a rare pith helmet (that is for sale on the other forum).
    It is a 1937 "Preßstof" pith helmet that was issued to U-boat crews:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Felt german pith helmets   Felt german pith helmets  

Felt german pith helmets  

?

This is stated as a second pattern.

ATTACH=CONFIG]1122572[/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Felt german pith helmets  

Visor, great find....

They come in a variety of conditions, some clearly carrying wear that would no be due to storage. There are photos out there of the second style in wear but i believe they are credited to locations such as Italy, Greece, Atlantic wall summer and southern Russia.

My contribution, the first 11 small photos are from Africa, next 4 from Greece and last 4 from Crete after 1942.
    I think most of the piths are second pattern (except the one with paratroopers dated 1941).
    Aghs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Felt german pith helmets   Felt german pith helmets  

Felt german pith helmets   Felt german pith helmets  

Felt german pith helmets  

Not many seen in pics, the best known were shown already but a few more....the second one is not so clear and they might be 1st pattern

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast