Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fire Police Visor (Feller-Eckert)

Article about: Hello all, Does this slightly sad looking Feuerwehr visor look WW2 period? The construction of the visor, the colour of the underside and the sweatband and the lack of vent holes seem very w

Thanks for the responses gents and a very interesting idea Stonemint. Vogele still seems to have an online presence even though their physical store appears closed: Startseite

Seems to be in the hands of Dieter Voegele - perhaps a son or grandson of Ludwig?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fire Police Visor (Feller-Eckert)
    P
    Many

?

He even seems to have a shop (one could call him on the phone):

https://adresse.dastelefonbuch.de/Ka...ücherstr.html

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Feller-Eckert was most likely the distributor
    I think he indeed was a distributor and did not manufcaturer headgear himselves.
    This name is not listed with the nearly 2,000 names of headgear-manufacturers
    I have listed in my files.

Hello Wilhelm, thank you for your response. This may be a silly question, but when a visor cap is marked only with the distributor's name and not the maker, can it be assumed that the hat was made by a small enterprise or an individual hat maker (and not one of the larger companies?) By the way, what is your take on the cap's originality/date?
    Thanks!

?

Quote by Jonathan Wenberg View Post
    Hello Wilhelm, thank you for your response. This may be a silly question, but when a visor cap is marked only with the distributor's name and not the maker, can it be assumed that the hat was made by a small enterprise or an individual hat maker (and not one of the larger companies?) By the way, what is your take on the cap's originality/date?
    Thanks!
    Although Wim is the expert, I would like to answer the first question: it were, on the contrary, mostly the big firms (Erel, Peküro, HPC, CW etc.) that sold caps to distributors; small ones wouldn't have had the capacity, they generally sold for themselves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2