Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

"Form" NSDAP Visors & the Wehrmachtschnitt

Article about: I was asked about the use of the descriptor "Form" to describe NSDAP visors. Wim's gold-standard books do mention this characterization, and he recently sent me the RZM regulations

Default "Form" NSDAP Visors & the Wehrmachtschnitt

I was asked about the use of the descriptor "Form" to describe NSDAP visors.
    Wim's gold-standard books do mention this characterization, and he recently sent me the RZM regulations regarding the same, which he has graciously agreed to share with the Forum.

As you can see by the attached, the word "Form" is expressly utilized by the RZM:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Form" NSDAP Visors & the Wehrmachtschnitt  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Form" NSDAP Visors & the Wehrmachtschnitt
    P
    Many

The word "Wehrmachtschnitt" (ie, tailored to the form utilized by the Armed Forces) is also expressly used.
    This circular refers to the Form 4 visors being made in this cut:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Form" NSDAP Visors & the Wehrmachtschnitt  

Wim will pipe in here, but he has advised me that the "Wehrmachtschnitt" was mentioned by the RZM as early as 1938.

Here is an example of the Wehrmachtschnitt, a wartime Kreis visor. Note the high peak, and that the peak is even with the velvet band:

- - ------- - -

Wim, please feel free to add your thoughts to this thread.....