Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Gebirgsjager visor cap questions

Article about: This visor cap is part of a well documented group to a Monte Cassino KIA. I'm curious about any further details on the hat... Maker? Early war? Thanks in advance! Andrew

Default Gebirgsjager visor cap questions

This visor cap is part of a well documented group to a Monte Cassino KIA. I'm curious about any further details on the hat... Maker? Black Pioneer piping due to prior unit or Mt. Troops Pioneer? Thanks in advance!
    Andrew
    Gebirgsjager visor cap questionsGebirgsjager visor cap questionsGebirgsjager visor cap questionsGebirgsjager visor cap questionsGebirgsjager visor cap questions
    Last edited by Wartime Collectables; 11-03-2018 at 02:18 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsjager visor cap questions
    P
    Many

?

The Wehrpass says Gebirgspioniere, so Mt. troops pioneer. Cap looks O. K. from these pictures, without the sweatshield and/or a stamp behind the swetband its almost impossible to identify the maker - the "Extra" sweatband was used by many. Better pictures from the inside (back of the sweatband) would be helpful.

Excellent, hope this pics are what you need?

?

For me its a war-style cap frome these pictures. But wait for second opinions to be 100% sure.

[QUOTE=the "Extra" sweatband was used by many.[/QUOTE]

Can you explain that? Were the sweatbands manufactured by one company and parted out to different cap makers or was it an add on by the wearer?

?

There were companies manufacturing sweatbands, others made sweatshields, again others made visors/peaks (due to the different materials these things are made of/from: leather, vulkanfibre, celleon etc.). These producers then sold to retailers which sold these items to the cap makers/factories. There used to be such a firm in Germany up to last year, Pleuser, which seems to exist no longer as the homepage now is about labels and no longer about Mützengarnituren (i. e. cap equipment such as cap cords, peaks, sweatbands, sweatshields etc. etc.). These firms also made these things for certain companies "to measure" i. e. imprinted the logos of these firms on these items and these firms then used them to finish their caps with. That explains that different firms used the same materials.

Thanks!!!

?

Welcome!

I forgot: Cap makers of course could also buy the Garnituren directly from the manufacturer without retailer.