Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

General Staff, Veterinarian cap

Article about: Hard to photograph but a fantastic shape and great large size GS/Veterinarian Cap, beautiful Crimson Farb, photos don't do this one justice.

Default General Staff, Veterinarian cap

Hard to photograph but a fantastic shape and great large size GS/Veterinarian Cap, beautiful Crimson Farb, photos don't do this one justice.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement General Staff, Veterinarian cap
    P
    Many

Very nice visor

Quote by wizardman View Post
    photos don't do this one justice.
    Well, they sorta do ... its a beaut! Love the little edge repair work too!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

wizardman I hope I am wrong but I have the strong suspicion that this is a repro cap - what is the brown base the sweatband is sewn to made of? Doesn't look like the usual oilcloth. The fabric (colour and "feel") seems off, too. What about the bill (any checkering visible on the back?) and the stuffing materials?
    Hopefully I am wrong but for me this seems to be one of the early Jankes, artificially aged (particularly visible in the little bow where the sweatband joins). Let's wait for stonemint to clear this up.

Wiz, I have to agree with Wolfgang--the material screams Janke.
    Can you get a refend?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I got it from kpemig, so ive just sent a message to them. Thank you both for your diligence.

Apologies Wiz, if I gave you false hope. I defer to our experts and would be in the poorhouse if I relied on my own "intuition"......
    Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Apologies Wiz, if I gave you false hope. I defer to our experts and would be in the poorhouse if I relied on my own "intuition"......
    Regards, Dan
    Not at all mate, i had it in hand and thought it was alright. Its the nature of our Hobby and thats why this forum and the people on it make such a big difference. Kpemig seem pretty good, ive never had an issue with them so hopefully it goes ok.

I have just spoken to them and a refund is forthcoming, as we all know mistakes can happen. I've dealt with these guys for years and have had great service, their reaction to this gives me reassurance to continue to buy from them. Once again thank you everyone. Special mention to Erwesa and the ever amazing Stonemint.

Update: got a full refund. Thanks guys for the help. Now to get my new glasses!