MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

getting back into collecting again

Article about: Well as some of you know I have been posting mine and my brothers and we have more stuff to post. But as I have we have had things told to us that were bad we thought to be real when we firs

Default getting back into collecting again

Well as some of you know I have been posting mine and my brothers collection and we have more stuff to post. But as we have had things told to us that were bad we thought to be real when we first started collecting several decades ago. I went through the reference library here and bought some books recommended (I still need that expensive decal book everyone loves) and I just happened by Ebay and found the entire volume set of "Headgear of Hitlers Germany". Seeing how Stonemint seemed clear in his reference selections about this set I picked it up. Paid out the Wazu for it but individually it would have cost several hundred extra looks like. Vol. 2 seems to be hard to find, and a lot on its own. Can't wait to get them I'm sure they will be quite helpful to me and my future collecting adventures.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement getting back into collecting again
    P
    Many

Good move - reference books are a great help ( but remember, as they are not peer reviewed, they can have their issues too )
    Buy as recommended by the good folks on here!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Good move - reference books are a great help ( but remember, as they are not peer reviewed, they can have their issues too )
    Buy as recommended by the good folks on here!!
    Oh definitely. If these guys recommend it, it's either purchased long ago or recently or on the list to be purchase.

MAP
    ?

I have a number of these as well I've pick up at local gun shows. Great reference books.

Wim is a great author and has a huge library of original regulations
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

"Headgear of Hitlers Germany" An excellent set, authored by our sorely missed Wim Saris.
    "Per Ardua"

?

Quote by paulp4180 View Post
    "Headgear of Hitlers Germany" An excellent set, authored by our sorely missed Wim Saris.
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Happy thanksgiving all. Especially since I woke up this morning and found the book I have been looking for was on sale "The helmet Decals of the Third Reich" by Ken Niewiarowicz, and I believe it's signed.

Woke up this morning and got a cup of coffee. Let the dog out and brought in the mail. That's when I opened my package and it was just like Christmas, except in December!

getting back into collecting again getting back into collecting again getting back into collecting again getting back into collecting again

?

Congratulations! Personally signed by the master himself - wonder who gave these away.

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Congratulations! Personally signed by the master himself - wonder who gave these away.
    Of all things, I got them on ebay as a set. And I wish they were given away LOL. I don't think they have ever been opened. I opened the first couple volumes to read the intro's and the books were stiff and "creaked" like they were fresh off the shelf.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast