Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Artillery Schiffchen

Article about: Since I had to remove my items from my display case recently, I took the opportunity to shoot a few photos. Here is my Artillery soutached Heer Schiffchen. An earlier model without the vents

Default Heer Artillery Schiffchen

Since I had to remove my items from my display case recently, I took the opportunity to shoot a few photos.
    Here is my Artillery soutached Heer Schiffchen. An earlier model without the vents. There is no mothing to this cap at all, virtually mint.
    The only marking on the inside is the size.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Artillery Schiffchen
    P
    Many

Earlier? Does that mean around the time range 1938-40? Anyway, nice cap, Ralph!
    Stig

Quote by bittaker View Post
    Earlier? Does that mean around the time range 1938-40? Anyway, nice cap, Ralph!
    Stig
    Thanks Stig!
    Unfortunately, I am not that versed in clothing.
    I was hoping that maybe someone would be willing to let me know what model this O/S cap is.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I want one of those! NH

MAP
    ?

That is a spectacular example!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    That is a spectacular example!
    Thank you Michael!
    This was one of my earlier purchases.
    Ralph.

TWS
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Unfortunately, I am not that versed in clothing.
    I was hoping that maybe someone would be willing to let me know what model this O/S cap is.
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph. I'm not an expert either but it appears to be an M34, which is what all basic Heer enlisted Schiffchen were. The officer's version came out in 1938, so we call it an M38 - I say "we" because my understanding is those designations were applied by collectors postwar and the soldiers at the time just called them Feldmuetze/Schiffchen. Then the Panzer and Tropicals came out in 1940, so people refer to them as M40's. And then of course the M42 with the two buttons for the fold down flaps which was unpopular with the soldiers. The fact that yours has the soutache would tend to indicate a slightly earlier cap. Thank goodness many soldiers ignored the order to remove it. Does yours have ventilation grommets? It doesn't appear to have them.

Hi Todd,
    Thank you!
    It does not have vent holes.
    Ralph.

I've always been told vent less are always a reproduction! here is mine vent less, this I believe is original. Sorry for placing it here

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I've always been told vent less are always a reproduction! here is mine vent less, this I believe is original. Sorry for placing it here
    I believe this is a different pattern Rene.
    Mine was purchased from a very reputable source.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast