Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Beamte EM/NCO Visor Cap.

Article about: As a tired, worn, beaten and tatty Civil Servant employed by the military I thought it appropriate to own a tired, worn, beaten and tatty visor cap that was worn by a Civil Servant employed

?

Default Heer Beamte EM/NCO Visor Cap.

As a tired, worn, beaten, unfashionable and tatty Civil Servant employed by the military I thought it appropriate to own a tired, worn, beaten, unfashionable and tatty visor cap that was worn by a Civil Servant employed by the military.

Here we have an EM/NCO visor piped in the green Waffenfarbe of the Beamte. During my searches on the web, I believe the EM/NCO caps to be scarcer than the officers caps.

The doeskin has worn away leaving just the base cloth on 95% of the cap, only remaining under the folds of the material where it is less likely to wear or be rubbed.

Inside it is heavily stained and the barely visible makers mark identified by Wolfgang as being HNE - Hermann Naubert. The sweatband is the pressed paper variety and quite fragile so I refrained from lifting it for photos for fear of damaging it further.

The zinc insignia is, as far as I can tell original to the cap but has lost it's finish over the years.

It's not the prettiest cap but I like the worn, faded and stained appearance. In fact it's much like the visor cap that I wear at work on occasion being 18 years old, crushed, faded and worn and smelling like a wet spaniel when it rains. I have a new one but it just doesn't feel right and people don't recognise me if I wear it, I'm always asked where my old cap is.

So I share an affinity with this old worn out cap and that's why I wanted it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Beamte EM/NCO Visor Cap.   Heer Beamte EM/NCO Visor Cap.  

Heer Beamte EM/NCO Visor Cap.   Heer Beamte EM/NCO Visor Cap.  

Heer Beamte EM/NCO Visor Cap.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Beamte EM/NCO Visor Cap.
    P
    Many

?

Hi Adrian, What I like about it is that you finally see a worn hat that has seen a lot!
    I really like it! Grat.
    Regards,
    Peeloo

I like this because it shows ownership and also speaks alot who the person was and who he served.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Not many of these around showing period wear (most are depot queens)--congrats!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”