Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Mountain Troops Officer's visor cap, with edelweiss traditions badge

Article about: This cap is currently for sale locally, I was looking at it today and was able to take a few photos of it, I won't make any comments on the cap, Annoyed from this ads?   but I think it

Default Heer Mountain Troops Officer's visor cap, with edelweiss traditions badge

This cap is currently for sale locally, I was looking at it today and was able to take a few photos of it, I won't make any comments on the cap,
    but I think it might be interesting to see what others think of it, so fire away.....

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Mountain Troops Officer's visor cap, with edelweiss traditions badge   Heer Mountain Troops Officer's visor cap, with edelweiss traditions badge  

Heer Mountain Troops Officer's visor cap, with edelweiss traditions badge   Heer Mountain Troops Officer's visor cap, with edelweiss traditions badge  

Heer Mountain Troops Officer's visor cap, with edelweiss traditions badge   Heer Mountain Troops Officer's visor cap, with edelweiss traditions badge  

Heer Mountain Troops Officer's visor cap, with edelweiss traditions badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Mountain Troops Officer's visor cap, with edelweiss traditions badge
    P
    Many

?

Heer Mountain Troops Officer's visor cap, with edelweiss traditions badgeFrom these photos, it looks to me that it's a real Bamufa cap, and the piping looks to be the correct gebigsjager shade, not the darker admin green that has often been tried to be passed off as GJ.
    Here is the interior of my Bamufa cavalry cap.

BobS

?

Senility creeping up! I just notice that the GJ cap states that it has the stirndruckfrei system, yet it lacks the velvet lining as exists on my cap. Sweatband replaced, perhaps?

BobS

Quote by BobS View Post
    Senility creeping up! I just notice that the GJ cap states that it has the stirndruckfrei system, yet it lacks the velvet lining as exists on my cap. Sweatband replaced, perhaps?

BobS
    Aha, you got it Bob, from the outside it looks good, but 'under the bonnet' as Stoney likes to say, there are some worrying traits, and that is the biggy, no Stirndrulfrei system, yet it says
    that is has one.....I think some one has done some heavy internal panel beating on this one.....(also the liner is all over the place).

Bob

All that black stitching looks worrying and would make me think that someone has at the very least been playing with this one and as already pointed out it is missing the velvet buffer then not a good sign.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Yeah that is not quality German work, it looks like a pigs breakfast, which says replaced insignia....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Mountain Troops Officer's visor cap, with edelweiss traditions badge  

And this is a worry, looks like they ran out of lining material, exposing the guts of the cap.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Mountain Troops Officer's visor cap, with edelweiss traditions badge  

I have never owned a Bayersche Muetzenfabrik cap (BaMuFa), so I might be wrong here, but I would have expected a few more folds/pleats along the sides too....

And the Stirndruckfrei system is advertised, but not on this cap, plus the missed stitch holes, replaced sweatband at the very least ....

I look forward to more learned comments, as I said, I haven't owned a BaMuFa cap before, so happy to learn more.....

Bob

could it be a east German cap dummied up.?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast