Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Heer officer overseas cap help

Article about: Hi guys I took a chance on this piece with just these two photos, insignia looks good and applied correctly to my untrained eyes. Cap looks to be in unissued/excellent condition. No photos o

Default Heer officer overseas cap help

Hi guys
    I took a chance on this piece with just these two photos, insignia looks good and applied correctly to my untrained eyes. Cap looks to be in unissued/excellent condition. No photos of the inside. I won't have the cap in hand for approximately 2 weeks.
    Any thoughts if this one is good just by these photos?
    Appreciate any help
    MikeHeer officer overseas cap helpHeer officer overseas cap help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer officer overseas cap help
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I would love a look under the hood and behind the flaps.

I am far from an expert but to me, based on these two photos I think it stands a good chance

My one question which always escapes me is if not have grommets is a red flag.

The soutash appears to be much more worn than the rest of the cap and the photo gets too blurry at the bottom of the photo to see how it is attached to the cap.

Again...just my musings and not to be relied on.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks like a nice doeskin wool cap. The cap looks pretty good to me.
    Personally I wouldn’t worry about the lack of vent eyelets, the custom made caps (which this clearly is) seem to have had a more loose approach to regulations.

TWS
    ?

My thoughts are in line with Michael's. I think it stands a good chance but under the hood photos are needed. I also think the soutache appears far more worn that the rest of the cap so that's a bit of a yellow flag. Also agree with Eagle mtn.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thanks guys for taking the time to respond. I will post more photos when it arrives. As far as the vent eyelets, could they be covered up under the flap? I've seen caps that seem like they're all in the same location exactly. Are there caps without vents, is that common?
    Thanks
    Mike

From a comon sense point Of view, covering the vents with the flap would defeat their purpose.
    I would consider it uncommon for a cap to lack vents but definitely not outside the realm of possibility for an original