Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze

Article about: You got lucky old chap ! It looks like it may well be a good one. Looking forward to more pics cheers tony

?

Default Re: Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze

Heer Officers M38 FeldmützeHeer Officers M38 FeldmützeHeer Officers M38 FeldmützeHeer Officers M38 FeldmützeHeer Officers M38 FeldmützeHeer Officers M38 FeldmützeHeer Officers M38 Feldmütze

Visual essays.

I sometimes wonder what the colages mean, But I enjoy figuring them out.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Officers M38 Feldmütze
    P
    Many

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I never understood the collages, but I suppose it's nice to see a series of images that are just interesting to look at every now and then.
    Ours is not to reason why ...

?

Mo, glad to hear that you're keeping the cap! That's a much more rare bird than a salty tunic. What kind of Tunic are you looking for? May I humbly suggest that you invest another $28 in buying a copy of "Feldbluse"? It's worth it's price many, many times over. I really can't overstate how much I like this book, and how much it's taught me. With such a Tome in hand you'll be much better equipped to find exactly what you want. I also agree with FB, stripped and re-applied Tunics are many. I finally got a great Der Spiess Tunic recently, to add to my Russian Cloth Tunic, and I am a very happy boy. Please don't hesitate to ask for help with these, this is my new passion, and you've been very helpful to me in the past Re: Helmets.
    Best,
    Eddie
    Amazon.com: Used and New: Feldbluse: The German Army Field Tunic 1933-45

Great book.........I don't collect combat tunics but it is an excellent reference book even if your not in the market to buy. I was very impressed with the detail and pictures to support the text.

Great recommendation.

Quote by spandau View Post
    Great book.........I don't collect combat tunics but it is an excellent reference book even if your not in the market to buy. I was very impressed with the detail and pictures to support the text.

Great recommendation.
    I agree entirely. A fine piece of remarkable research as well as pleasing lay out. Much superior to the Schiffer books, which are very iffy on many counts.

I am thinking that I will pick it up when I get my next paycheck. Does it cover everything from transitional models to the M44?

Yes, i love the feldbluse book it has tunics from 1933-1945 and it covers some tailored or converted tunics.

I suppose I will get it then! I might as well. I won't own one for a few years anyway... haha

Hi Mo. Sorry to see this did not meet the approval of the gentlemen on Walhalla. Did Ben pass comment on it here? It is certainly an unusual example, with the odd stamps and other variations outside the norm, but it for sure looks old and I don't know how many of these are seen to compare it with.

If original, it has to be one of the bargain buys of all time.

Mo, can you post a close up of the interior of the grommets?

The removed labels would concern me as these are normally something you only see on post war caps.

Can you also post a straight on view of the eagle and the cockade?

Also, I would pm BenVK and Chris Stonemint and ask them to give you opinions based on the better pics.
    Last edited by Jerry B; 05-04-2012 at 06:08 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Also can you post pics of the inside behind where the eagle and the cockade and the soutache are attached?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast