Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hello please answer my question

Article about: Hello would should I age a German visor cap? I want to sell high quality aged ones on eBay and I will probably stamp on the inside reproduction 2021 so no one can flip them as real. I would

Default Hello please answer my question

Hello howshould I age a German visor cap? I want to sell high quality aged ones on eBay and I will probably stamp on the inside repro so no one can flip them as real. I would really like to know how to age the leather visor and the leather linning too. Any info will help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello please answer my question
    P
    Many

I advise against it. They will inevitably be sold as originals, at least sooner or later. I don't think more fakes is what this market needs. Just my humble opinion though...

Best regards.
    Last edited by SweCollector; 07-16-2021 at 11:54 AM.

?

Found a UK dealer website today selling aged crap as the real thing. Way too shady because eventually some crook will knowingly fool someone and make money. I am against it.

I agree and to be honest this forum is about genuine artifacts. Our only interest in fakes is how to spot them not advising on how to make them.

It's just not our thing and most of us are very wary of any such production.
    The last thing the membership here wants to do is assist in making fakes!

Also you say you would "probably" mark them. That statement makes one uneasy in itself.

I assume you mean no harm but you are asking the wrong people.
    Sorry.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 07-17-2021 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Horrible question...

No please & Thank you!

Rene, he did say “Please” in the title of the thread

I think perhaps English may not be his first language.

Andy

Get that but...

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Get that but...
    Yep, I know what you mean.

Although I suspect he may not now respond anyway.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

It’s hard. Most of us folk like to share our experience to help others. It’s one of the best things about this hobby. But often our comments are ignored or not replied too. To a certain degree I think it’s a miscommunication whilst other times, the poster having got a response, has moved on. I like to give the benefit of the doubt in the first instance, but I think those that use this forum as a vetting service eventually show their true colours.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast