Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

help on a unit stamp in luftwaffe visor

Article about: Hi, If any one could help with confirming the possible unit of the stamp in a visor I been offered it would be a great help. Apologies for no picture but the cap is other ranks contract and

Default help on a unit stamp in luftwaffe visor

Hi,

If any one could help with confirming the possible unit of the stamp in a visor I been offered it would be a great help.

Apologies for no picture but the cap is other ranks contract and is piped yellow for flight............stamp on the cap sweatband reads.....

Fl.Horste Hexxxxxx (which is the airfield but rest in not readable). The next line reads...

Fl. Staffel (J) 1

I have an idea of what it may be but any help appreciated.

cheers

Tony

- - ------- - -

I know I have to renew ! on it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help on a unit stamp in luftwaffe visor
    P
    Many

Pictures might help as there are options on which airfield it might be.

Got some pix. Apologies for delay. cheers Tony

help on a unit stamp in luftwaffe visorhelp on a unit stamp in luftwaffe visorhelp on a unit stamp in luftwaffe visorhelp on a unit stamp in luftwaffe visorhelp on a unit stamp in luftwaffe visor

MAP
    ?

Have the guy try some black light on it. Might help....

I see maybe Fl.Horst Helbxxxx or Helbsxxx
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the input Map. I was reading much the same but think it may be Halb... rather than Helb… as can't fins a lufti airfield listed for helb…..

Best guess at moment is Halberstadt as the cap is pre war manufacture I reckon and this airfield has a training school so wondered if the stamp may be referring to the training squadron for fighters ?

A best guess at present.

?

Halberstadt was my guess, too or (Kiel-) Holtenau.

Holt was a Good shout. Thanks

MAP
    ?

Could be Halberstadt, but even though I can't read all the letters, I can't see the space for that many. But hard to see so could be wrong

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Could it begin with "Holt"? Instead of Halb or Helb?

If you look at the 2nd letter (a, e or o) it does not look like the other "a" or "e" used in the other words.

(EDIT:Sorry...didn't see your post 7.)

I dug this up. Don't know how comprehensive it is but it's a list of Luft airfields

404 Not Found[1937%20Borders].pdf

Hmmmm...link is not working

try this (remove the " )

"http://www.ww2.dk/Airfields%20-%20Germany%20[1937%20Borders].pdf"