Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Infantry em/nco visor cap with a surprising twist!!

Article about: Hello guys! Just received this lovely nco visor cap from Germany. Well yes just another nco visor cap I bought it as.. Loved the shape and condition it was in.. And after consulting our own

Quote by Kohima View Post
    Find of the year?
    I don’t think so....

Try ‘find of a lifetime’.
    A truly wonderful and important example. If you could own just one item... this is it.

Well done indeed, Sir, and the very best of luck in assembling a tunic to match!
    Bob
    Thank you for your kind words Bob.

Indeed a lifetime find! I am so happy about this one..
    My wife said she could not remember seeing me that exited and happy for years
    Surely is a killer visor.. and will be hard to find a stabsfeldwebel tunic to go with it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantry em/nco visor cap with a surprising twist!!
    P
    Many

Quote by Anderson View Post
    What a very interesting war service record. His unit the 27th Fusilier Regiment (1st bataillon) was originally part of the 12th Infanterie Division that took part in the invasion of Poland, France then Russia. But by July 1944 it was in tatters and reconstituted in September 1944 as the 12th Volksgrenadier Division, of which the 27th Fusilier Regiment became a part. Initially deployed to Aachen to strengthen the Siegfried Line, the 12th VG Division was drawn into the Ardenne offensive. I note on other biographical sites it says Claus Bregen was wounded on 16th December 1944, but died on 17th December at Aachen in Germany. At that time the 12th VG Division was at Bullingen.
    Anderson thank you for your research!
    Yesterday I did a lot of reading
    And did found this information also.. so great to have all this history to just one item! Really puts a face, man behind the visor.. but one with a fantastic service record!

This is a fantastic find... so much better when you know the career of the wearer and his ultimate fate. This is military history at its very best, and at what I consider to be a very reasonable price too! Congratulations on your purchase.

Cheers,
    Steve

Well done Ulle - this is an awesome find and a steal at that price.
    Just need to get the KC and Oaks now

The story itself is really cool, but the photos are great. You should see if you can print them off and add to the display somehow.

Nick

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Well done Ulle - this is an awesome find and a steal at that price.
    Just need to get the KC and Oaks now

The story itself is really cool, but the photos are great. You should see if you can print them off and add to the display somehow.

Nick
    Hi Nick
    Thank you.
    I will put the pictures I find of the man on display with the visor

That's an amazing find and history with it.

You must be over the moon!

Jonathan.

Fantastic LTC, fancy getting that cap thrown in with a bag of Haribos , lovely looking cap amazing history to it too, you must be very proud to own this
    Regards
    Paul

?

Beauty and the the history of the man behind the hat makes it even more desirable. A+++ Find!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Very, very nice addition to your already impressive collection Ullergaard!
    Your stabsfeldwebel shares the 16th of December 1944 with a man from my hometown who died that same day near Winterspelt, Germany. He was serving in the 106th Infantry Division and his remains lay undisturbed from that day in '44 until the 1960s' when the mass grave was found. Funny how their paths came so close......

Thank you all fine gentlemen for all your replies
    Much appreciated!
    This is really a piece of headgear/history which has made me very happy. Not only a superb visor, but also the chance to dig into exiting history and research!
    I will make updates as I go along.
    Will do more pictures when I gather some pictures and medals to do the visor and Claus Breger honour.
    Truly a killer visor!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast