Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Jäger Officer Visor Cap - eReL

Article about: This is a fairly recent arrival. Seller described as "Gebirgsjäger" (of course) but I'm calling it Jäger due to lack of an Edelweiss. It certainly could have belonged to a GJ off

TWS
    ?

Default Jäger Officer Visor Cap - eReL

This is a fairly recent arrival. Seller described as "Gebirgsjäger" (of course) but I'm calling it Jäger due to lack of an Edelweiss. It certainly could have belonged to a GJ officer as many are observed without the metal Edelweiss device in period photos, but it is not named so no conclusive determination is possible. It's got a little mothing and the ends of the cap cords are oxidized and the sweatband exhibits that it must have suffered from some dampness at one point. Nonetheless, a solid cap in a desirable Waffenfarbe. Interesting is traces of the eReL tag still on the sweatshield. Cap was definitely worn - see the thumbwear on the underside of the visor, etc. - but the officer did not completely remove the cardboard eReL tag. I'm thinking the eagle has been replaced as it is not quite centered and I can feel the tips of the prongs have penetrated the lining. Replaced eagles are common, unfortunately, as many caps were "de-nazified" after the surrender.

Jäger Officer Visor Cap - eReLJäger Officer Visor Cap - eReLJäger Officer Visor Cap - eReLJäger Officer Visor Cap - eReLJäger Officer Visor Cap - eReL
    Last edited by TWS; 12-31-2021 at 05:30 AM.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jäger Officer Visor Cap - eReL
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Very Nice Todd. Just enough wear to give it that great look.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Todd, great score--prewar doeskin Erel that was there.....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Great addition to the Collection.
    Cheers,
    Colin

TWS
    ?

Happy new year and thanks for looking and commenting Michael, Chris, and Colin.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."