Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kubanka for Don regiment 1 and 5, and Kuban regiment 3 and 4.

Article about: Dear Members I have for a long time been desperatly looking for a Kubanka, and finally i was very lucky. A good collector friend of mine told me of a perfect specimen. So after some trading,

?

Default Ushanka for Don regiment 1 and 5, and Kuban regiment 3 and 4.

Dear Members

I have for a long time been desperatly looking for a Kubanka, and finally i was very lucky. A good collector friend of mine told me of a perfect specimen. So after some trading, I got myself a textbook untouched Kubanka for Kuban Cossacks, regiment: 3 and 4. But the same model was also used for Don Cossacks, regiments 1 and 5.
    I cannot explain how good it makes me feel, when i have another piece of rather exotic cloth from the Eastern Volunteers.
    The Kubanka is also stamped with a good and readable "Kolwitz uniformen" and "Prag"

I hope you all will enjoy the photos.

Edit 2016: I noticed i had wrong name on the cap. It is a Ushanka, not a chimney shaped Kubanka. Thread name is changed to get it right.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kubanka for Don regiment 1 and 5, and Kuban regiment 3 and 4.   Kubanka for Don regiment 1 and 5, and Kuban regiment 3 and 4.  

Kubanka for Don regiment 1 and 5, and Kuban regiment 3 and 4.   Kubanka for Don regiment 1 and 5, and Kuban regiment 3 and 4.  

Kubanka for Don regiment 1 and 5, and Kuban regiment 3 and 4.   Kubanka for Don regiment 1 and 5, and Kuban regiment 3 and 4.  

Last edited by TrondK; 04-06-2016 at 04:52 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kubanka for Don regiment 1 and 5, and Kuban regiment 3 and 4.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kubanka for Don regiment 1 and 5, and Kuban regiment 3 and 4.

Hi

Interesting and rare piece. Congrqtulqtions.

Is that tresse used qcross the crown ?

cheers

tony

?

Tony:

The tresse is sewn as a cross, it is not cut or modified in any way.

AWESOME RARE PIECE of Don memorbilia..

?

Very interesting, thanks for showing it us. Do you know anymore about Kolwitz uniformen?

?

Thanks guys.

No Ben, sadly i do not know so much more regarding Kolwitz Uniformen. But I would very much like to find out what else they made of Cossack, Schuma or Eastern volunteer militaria.

History in your hands! Excellent pick up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Very interesting cap. Cut more like a Ushanka than a true Kubanka which would not have the folding side and separate front flap.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank you guys.

Yes Adrian you are right it is cut more like a Ushanka. I got an impression they made them like this to have a kubanka look, but also quickly a ushanka if the weather demanded them to protect the ears and neck.
    One thing i find interesting is i read in a book somewhere the cossacks were not allowed to wear kubanka in combat, but when we see this cap, it looks like the germans were loosening the grip on the regulations when the war turned sour for them.

Now i have seen these kubankas/ushankas comes all from kolwitz uniformen, if you have seen the photos of the other examples that are in collections, then you will see the Kubanka/ushankas are taller earlier in the war- but in the end they produced them with shortages everywere. Shorter black wool, differences in the cloth, all has Kolwitz stamp.

I include a photo so you can see yourself. These kubankas/ushankas on this photo are NOT mine, i just want you to see what i mean. It is some very interesting details.

So what do you want to call this little hybrid child of Kolwitz Uniformen Adrian?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kubanka for Don regiment 1 and 5, and Kuban regiment 3 and 4.  

I would just call it a super cap!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast