Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Leather peak

Article about: I am fond of SS caps with leather peaks, or, what you call visors.

Default Leather peak

Leather peakLeather peakI am fond of SS caps with leather peaks, or, what you call visors. Leather peakLeather peakLeather peakLeather peakLeather peakLeather peakLeather peak

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Leather peak
    P
    Many

?

I love your hats so much FB, how much did you get them for back in the day? I heard someone here got one for a penny or something insane in the 70's...

Leather peakLeather peak
    Quote by WillC View Post
    I love your hats so much FB, how much did you get them for back in the day? I heard someone here got one for a penny or something insane in the 70's...
    Thanks. I bought these more recently and none was a bargain, though I like them very much.

My first black SS cap in 1971 was of the model 1938 enlisted Sonderanfertigung and cost a very strong sum of USD 125, which was considered absurdly expensive.

FB you are at the "peak" of the collecting game !

kind regards to you as ever,

Tony

Quote by spandau View Post
    FB you are at the "peak" of the collecting game !

kind regards to you as ever,

Tony
    Dear Colleague, thank you. Kind regards to you, in turn, FB
    PS All that you have posted adds much context to such items as these, which are of similar date and perhaps similar make.

I always felt that this type of cap (leather peak) was favored by Himmler. One never notices a "lip" on the edge of the peak.

Leather peak

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    My first black SS cap in 1971 was of the model 1938 enlisted Sonderanfertigung and cost a very strong sum of USD 125, which was considered absurdly expensive.
    Still a testament to how much these things have appreciated in value over the decades. The evidence is firmly against the doomsday seers. But, that's boring and tiresome to talk about. The important thing is the authentic historical objects themselves, and yours are nice ones. I like leather visors, too. There's a nice party cap of early make with a leather peak for sale on Shea's site. It has remained for sale for a long time and I can't understand why. I think it's a bargain. But people seem to prefer the newer, more mass produced models with the bells and whistles. Oh well. Long live leather.