MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

LUftwaffe cap

Article about: hello, I Would like to ask for advice - what do you think about this cap, thank you for your opinion.

?

Default LUftwaffe cap

hello,

I Would like to ask for advice - what do you think about this cap, thank you for your opinion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LUftwaffe cap   LUftwaffe cap  

LUftwaffe cap   LUftwaffe cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LUftwaffe cap
    P
    Many

?

That's one for Bob Lyons or Ade.

Not one I would feel comfortable with, eagle looks bad to me, and the August Schellenberg company was located in Berlin, and
    Bromberg is nowhere near Berlin. (I don't know if they had any satellite production sites), but I would suggest passing on it, too
    many red flags.

Bob

The liner material seems off to me as well, from what my worn one has.

?

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    Not one I would feel comfortable with, eagle looks bad to me, and the August Schellenberg company was located in Berlin, and
    Bromberg is nowhere near Berlin. (I don't know if they had any satellite production sites), but I would suggest passing on it, too
    many red flags.

Bob
    Bob, for once I seem to be ahead of you. Schellenberg and Berlin was my first thought, too, yet Mike Seager Thomas desribes Schellenberg Africa caps in his volume 1 Afrikamutze Database on p. 114. The Afrika-caps seem to have been produced in Bromberg (today Bydgoszcz in Poland, see here: Bydgoszcz - Wikipedia) by Schellenberg. What concerns the cap in the OP I share your doubts, however. Even more so as whether Schellenberg produced also non-Tropenmützen there is the question.

Thanks for the heads up on the satellite production of tropical caps in Bromberg by Schellenberg mate.

I did read M. S. Thomas' superb reference on tropical caps a while back, but too long back for my memory to kick in for that one.
    I have only seen Luftwaffe tropical caps by Schelly, and they had the Berlin stampings on them

I agree with you also, I would certainly pass on the cap that started this thread

Bob

?

thank you all for your opinion, I really appreciate it