Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe side cap

Article about: Dear members, I have been offered this German ww2 Luftwaffe side cap. What do you guys think about it? Thank you in advance!

Default Luftwaffe side cap

Dear members,

I have been offered this German ww2 Luftwaffe side cap.
    What do you guys think about it?
    Thank you in advance!

Luftwaffe side capLuftwaffe side capLuftwaffe side capLuftwaffe side capLuftwaffe side capLuftwaffe side capLuftwaffe side capLuftwaffe side cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe side cap
    P
    Many

?

Well, I'm no expert for side caps but this is the first LW cap in WH feldgrau I've ever seen - LW caps normally are blue-grey. Apart from that the cockade (which on most LW-side caps is machine embroidered and not woven as seen here) seems reapplied - as I don't know a thing about insignia either I can't say wheter this is an original. The same goes for the LW-eagle. I can't see how it is fixed to the cap - sewn or glued? If glued forget about it!

For originals see here:

Luftwaffe Fliegermütze

Luftwaffe Overseas Cap

Luftwaffe overseas cap / Schiffchen ... opinions please?

IMO, it is not Luftwaffe cap.
    Most likely a put together.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I purchased a Heer EM visor cap with a Luftwaffe cap eagle sewn rather poorly to the crown. I removed it and replaced it with a proper metal Heer Adler. It was someone's attempt to "restore" the cap. In this case, someone has tried to "restore" the cloth insignia to this Heer service cap and chose the incorrect branch of service as noted. In my case, it was easy to correct the cap. Here you have a bigger issue. It can be put back together with proper insignia but the cap itself is in pretty salty condition. I would buy it only if it was SUPER cheap. You would need a proper Heer Adler in cloth and the cockarde will need to be re-sewn. The attached photo shows a Luftwaffe service cap with the correct color and insignia. You can clearly see the difference. Neil

Luftwaffe side cap

Thanks a lot for the anwsers and examples guys!