Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe visor cap

Article about: Hello everyone! This is my latest acquisition; a beautiful Luftwaffe visor cap. Eagle and oakleaf with cockade in great condition. Blue gray cloth with black strap and golden yellow piping.

Default Luftwaffe visor cap

Hello everyone!

This is my latest acquisition; a beautiful Luftwaffe visor cap. Eagle and oakleaf with cockade in great condition. Blue gray cloth with black strap and golden yellow piping. Aluminum eagle and oakleaf with cockade in great condition (check photos) Light gray lining with sewn diamond from maker "Adler-Marke, deutsches Qualitäts-Erzeugnis, Stirndruckfrei". Leather sweat band also in light gray.

Here are some high resolution pictures:

Luftwaffe visor cap Luftwaffe visor cap Luftwaffe visor cap Luftwaffe visor cap Luftwaffe visor cap Luftwaffe visor cap Luftwaffe visor cap Luftwaffe visor cap Luftwaffe visor cap Luftwaffe visor cap Luftwaffe visor cap

The visor came with two letters for its owner Artur Bucher (name tag underneath sweatband, not visible in the pictures) dated 1938, both in their original envelopes. I will upload pictures of the letters soon!

The cap looks impresive and in really good condition with very little moth damage. I am almost sure that it is an original (fine materials plus documentation identifying its owner) I hope all of you guys like it as well, and please let me know your opinion, I will be delighted to read your comments!

Kind regards,

MG.
    Last edited by Migobeego; 07-27-2017 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Uploading more photos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe visor cap
    P
    Many

?

Hi Migobeego,

very pleasant shape with a peak with an unusual black underneath.

Do you intend to do any restoration on the cap (resew sweatband/peak?)

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Hi Migobeego,

very pleasant shape with a peak with an unusual black underneath.

Do you intend to do any restoration on the cap (resew sweatband/peak?)
    Hi! No, the cap is as I got it from the seller. Do you see something suspicious?

Nice hat. The maker is Alfret Valet, who utilized the Pekuro stirndruckfrei system under license.

Unfortunately, the velvet separates from the body of the cap over time, which is what Erwesa is talking about.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by Migobeego View Post
    Hi! No, the cap is as I got it from the seller. Do you see something suspicious?
    No, I don't, just a rarer variant (normally the peaks were green underneath and had a checkered pattern).

Luftwaffe visor cap

Just checked it here: LW Blue-top Officer Visors

It seems, that the earlier caps mostly had peaks with black underneaths!

Thanks! I did notice that while browsing other caps in the forum and Pat Moran's reference book. It's always good to come across variations!

According to the November 27, 1935 regulation (L.DV.422) the underside of the visor
    had to be black (either from leather or fibre). The one from fibre should be covered with
    artificial leather (schwarz genarbtem Kunstleder).
    With the L.DV 422 from April 1, 1937 the underside had to be green with a checkered motiv
    (Grünlackiert gebrannt).

?

Thank you, Wim! What would this forum be without your encelopedic knowledge? Didn't know this early regulation.

The airforce cap was not in Hempe, as this book was published
    earlier then the L.Dv. 422. The cap in fact was a look-a-like for
    the version as used by the Deutsche Lutfahrt and Deutscher
    Luftsport-Verband, but of course adapted to the standards
    "nach der Enttarnung" and given the piping colors (order I. Dv.
    Nr. 30573/35 from March 1, 1935).

I agree with the Wim on the regulations.
    However, there were many makers who ignored them, and it is common to find LW caps made after 1937 with black undersides to the visor.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast