Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe wartime photo - Nice caps !

Article about: I think this is a fantastic photo of Luftwaffe personnel, showing a great range of headgear being worn... Best wishes Bob

Default Luftwaffe wartime photo - Nice caps !

I think this is a fantastic photo of Luftwaffe personnel, showing a great range of headgear being worn...

Best wishes

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe wartime photo - Nice caps !  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe wartime photo - Nice caps !
    P
    Many

Cool photo!

Wartime photos of German soldiers laughing/having a good time together strikes me a weird way. This is what goes on in my mind... I vicariously want to be there, to have fun/just hang out with them -- to be part of the group, but as an American myself (Germany's former enemy), what would they do if I was just magically there with them in the moment? I'm guessing they'd immediately stop laughing and process me as a POW, but I don't know.

I guess it just feels unnatural to me to be reminded that all of us humans are the same, with identical emotions such as happiness, humor & laughing, yet war tears us apart... sad.

?

Great photo, interesting that the RKT nco on the right is wearing officer cords on his nco visor cap, with what look like the original black side buttons. Assume he is a fahnenjunker?
    Can't determine if cuff title on the second from the left is for fighters or bombers.

BobS