Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M42 Cap T-Eagle

Article about: I am not sure if this is the correct thread for this - Here is an M42 T-Eagle, I really like how clean the roundel is - what else can be learned about this particular model?

?

Default M42 Cap T-Eagle

I am not sure if this is the correct thread for this -

Here is an M42 T-Eagle, I really like how clean the roundel is - what else can be learned about this particular model?

M42 Cap T-Eagle
    M42 Cap T-Eagle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Cap T-Eagle
    P
    Many

?

As stated, designed for use on the unpopular m42 cap, here is a picture of mine sporting the insignia. I also found an interesting photo of an m42 converted to an m43 but retaining the same insignia instead of the usual trapezoid

M42 Cap T-Eagle
    Photo credit: Collectors Militaria website
    M42 Cap T-Eagle

?

This is a great thread on the evolution of insignia as my knowledge on this is limted

Evolution of the enlisted insignia worn on the feldbluse from 1932-1945

Hello Gentlemen,
    The T-shaped Hoheitsabzeichen with national colours was not designed for the M42 Feldmütze, but for the Bergmütze worn by Gebirgstruppen. The M42 Feldmütze of early production (first months) generally had two pieces insignia (eagle + cockade).
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thank you Sir, I in fact just learned that by reading that excellent thread I posted above. I was also wondering if the Trapezoid models were modified ,cut down and folded into a T shape at times ?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Thank you Sir, I in fact just learned that by reading that excellent thread I posted above. I was also wondering if the Trapezoid models were modified ,cut down and folded into a T shape at times ?
    Hello again,
    It is something i have never seen, but i did not see everything.
    The opposite has been seen many times, T-shaped insignia sewn as a trapezoid to speed up the production process...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)