Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Medical officer and artillery EM/NCO visor caps

Article about: Hello my friends, I've found this two examples and I need to know your opinions about them. Both are from the same person and I am tempted to buy them because I have the correct jackets for

Default Medical officer and artillery EM/NCO visor caps

Hello my friends, I've found this two examples and I need to know your opinions about them. Both are from the same person and I am tempted to buy them because I have the correct jackets for both

Medical officer and artillery EM/NCO visor capsMedical officer and artillery EM/NCO visor capsMedical officer and artillery EM/NCO visor capsMedical officer and artillery EM/NCO visor capsMedical officer and artillery EM/NCO visor capsMedical officer and artillery EM/NCO visor capsMedical officer and artillery EM/NCO visor capsMedical officer and artillery EM/NCO visor caps

Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medical officer and artillery EM/NCO visor caps   Medical officer and artillery EM/NCO visor caps  

Medical officer and artillery EM/NCO visor caps   Medical officer and artillery EM/NCO visor caps  

Medical officer and artillery EM/NCO visor caps   Medical officer and artillery EM/NCO visor caps  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medical officer and artillery EM/NCO visor caps
    P
    Many

?

Both look really nice to me, but I suspect the experts will require far better photographs..

I hope you get to ‘complete’ both your tunics!
    Rob

?

Judging from these pictures the artillery cap is an original Felix Weissbach of Glauchau cap - not in the best of conditions (sweatband torn and loose as is the bill). For the second one Kohima is right - I'd like to have some inside shots with the sweatband turned up. It could be an upgraded EM/NCO cap as it is saucer shaped. Not sure about the sweatband - perhaps replaced but I can't see that from these photos. If it was upgraded there should be the unit-stamps on the back of the sweatband.

Hi Kohima, yes, I hope it so, I'll post pictures of both if I complete them.

Many thanks ErWeSa, you're so helpfull. I'll ask for more pictures to the seller.

Well, the seller allows me to see them personally. What do you recommend me to look at to detect the possible red flags?

?

For the medical cap I'd advise you to have a look behind the sweatband - are the stitches with which is sewn to the cap regular? Are there stitches missing, does it look handsewn (there were, of course, hand-sewn sweatbands/peaks, this was done with quite wide stitches), i. e. resewn by hand (looks like this: - - - - as it is a lot of work to really fill up all the original holes), is the sweatband stamped i. e. unit-marked? How is the lining sewn in?

Some pictures to the subject (resewn sweatband): https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...t-img_3529.jpg

(wrong stitches/lining): https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...or-cap-004.jpg

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...l-dsc02305.jpg

original cap Alter Art with the wide handsewn stitches: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...l-dsc02298.jpg

Nice visors but I noticed on the first visor the patina on the adler and cockade doesn't match the wreath,wreath replaced?
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

1000 thanks ErWeSa, I'll do it.

Well, finally I didn't buy the officer's medical visor cap shown here because a friend of mine gave me the opportunity to buy a better one. However, I went to the dealer's shop to see both visors posted here, and as you said ErWeSa, the medical one was upgraded because it had the unit stamp inside. Many thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Now I'm saving money to buy the artillery one, to complete the mannequin with the m42 artillery tunic.

Here I post the pictures of the medical set. I hope you'll enjoy. Sorry, I tried to rotate the two first pictures but I couldn't.

?

hola sepulhead,
    this cap is a beauty! Well done! Any shots from the inside? I love this shape. Nice display, too. Here the pictures upright:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast