Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Mint Infantry Erel schirmmütze

Article about: by Glenn66 Personally I couldn't care less about the maker. If the cap looks good and more importantly is original then I would be happy to add it to my collection (price permitting of cours

Default Mint Infantry Erel schirmmütze

I am not really an Erel fanatic (I prefer more obscure makers), but when I find their pre-war quality hats (especially those that are private purchase and in minty condition) I go for them. This is one of them--a minty Infantry officer's visor circa 1938-39. This one is in plush doeskin wool:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint Infantry Erel schirmmütze  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mint Infantry Erel schirmmütze
    P
    Many

Default re: Mint Infantry Erel schirmmütze

This one is not an OKK model, but a privately-retailed piece. It has the standard vent system:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint Infantry Erel schirmmütze  

Not a hint of a critter bite, nip, track, or nibble--just the way I like 'em:

These early ones are heavily padded, unlike the wartime examples. They always have a nice sattelform, with the peak being parallel to the band at the top:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint Infantry Erel schirmmütze   Mint Infantry Erel schirmmütze  

This is an indirect vet acquisition--just came out of a Vet's estate here in the US:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint Infantry Erel schirmmütze   Mint Infantry Erel schirmmütze  

Only real age is the the tombak cockade lost all of its chrome--happens on these, unfortunately:

Interior. This is an Extra. Note the absence of the OKK markings. It is a also a DRGM-era piece (ie, made before August, 1940 when Erel's patent was granted). Also note that the wool trim on the bottom of the hat (below the bottom ring of piping) is not doeskin. This is common on a lot of hats, and is for durability reasons.

On wartime models (with the trikot wool body) you will often see a boiled wool trim.

Here is that grommet/vent everyone gets so excited about. IMHO, they would be worthless in terms of providing any "fresh air" and was just a marketing gimmick on the part of Erel:

I used to have mostly Erels back in the day, with just about every piping color (no propaganda or Chaplain, though). Now, my Erels are all political/civil, except for this waffenbruder:

Das ist alles, volks!
    Attached Images Attached Images Mint Infantry Erel schirmmütze 

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast