Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

mom n pop Luftwaffe visor cap

Article about: I posted this before in the cap authentification forum. The pictures were not very good but the verdict was 'Original late war mom n pop visor cap'. The postman came today so I took the time

mom n pop Luftwaffe visor capGeneral Kammhuber, Inspekteur der Dt. Luftwaffe (Bw) ca. 1957

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement mom n pop Luftwaffe visor cap
    P
    Many

well then all possible questions about it's originality are no longer existing from now on. I looked up the uniforms of the post war german air forces and did indeed not find anything simular to this . Just needed the final confirmation of someone way more experienced than I am to be sure. In fact this turns out to be very simple, repro or real deal, nothing inbetween. usually I don't really like (late) wartime made caps but I have to be honest, while holding it in my hands, it attracts me somehow.. It attracts me a lot. Things like this are the exponents of a country's failure. It is resting on my shelf next to a 1941 made halfar cap. 3 , maybe 4 years and a huge difference concerning quality between them.. Makes you wonder how fast live changed in that period... And I guess that is exactly one of the several reason why I collect this stuff. The temporary nature of those 12 years that meant to be forever....

Your cap is just as valuable as an unused cap from, say, 1936, which looks it was put in the box.

Not to dwell on it, but I have spent time around people who wear these things or things like them, and the age of a thing has its own poetry.

I am very fond of the German air force for many reasons which I will not dilate on here, and probably the last thing that says something about the
    quality of the entity in the past and present is whether a sweat band was made of leather or made from Ersatz material.

The soul of any organization are its people, and these people wore these things, but the what they were or what they are (especially) is to be found
    the least in their clothes.

I have lived my life for about forty one years around soldiers of NATO forces whereby I knew a lot of ex Wehrmacht people, too, and I generalize from experience.

Your cap is original. Without too much effort, if you look on Shea's site, he has a lot of nice, expensive Luftwaffe headgear.

I,myself, always liked these and collected them once, but sold them all to buy black SS things.

mom n pop Luftwaffe visor capThese caps are not especially rare, and these, here, are costly....

Here are some crappy pics of my cap... its in the forum right now waiting for authentification..
    prost !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mom n pop Luftwaffe visor cap   mom n pop Luftwaffe visor cap  

mom n pop Luftwaffe visor cap  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2