Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Motorcycle Battalions Visor Caps

Article about: Hi Folks, Quick question, were Motorcycle Battalions wearing the copper brown piping on their visor caps in 1936. Cheers. Kev.

Default Motorcycle Battalions Visor Caps

Hi Folks,
    Quick question, were Motorcycle Battalions wearing the copper brown piping on their visor caps in 1936.
    Cheers.

Kev.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Motorcycle Battalions Visor Caps
    P
    Many

Hi Kev,

Yes is the quick answer.

from 1936 the branch colours changed and the motorcycle troops got the brown which had been used for signals troops in the Reichswehr. Signals troops got the lemon yellow colour instead.........

Hope that helps.

cheers

Tony

Hey! Tony, thanks very much for that, that's a great help mate.
    I think there were some motorcycle infantry units formed from about 1934 from Cavalry regiments, I don't suppose you know what colors they were using to start with, there seems to be so little info about the Motorcycle Battalions, especially their uniforms and the very early years.
    Cheers.

Kev.

Hi Kevin,

The motorised Infantry units prior to 1933/34 would have had the branch colour of pink or Rosa to give it it's correct name.

This colour was used in the Reichswehr to identify "Kraftfahr" troops which were motorised riflemen, usually truck borne.

Motorcycle units were not really an option in the RW as recon was a cavalry function via the horse still !

The pink or rosa piping was given to the Panzer arm in 1936 alongside the anti tank units allocated to each Infantry Division.

Hope that helps more...........there is a book called a History of the German Motorised Units 1935 - 1945 by Horst Scheibert published by Schiffer in English that is quite good and covers the motorcycle troops !

cheers

Tony

Motorcycle Battalions Visor CapsMotorcycle Battalions Visor CapsMotorcycle Battalions Visor Caps

Here are some examples for the thread..........first picture is the Kraftfahr colours circa 1925 marked for KA 5.

Second shows the copper brown colours used by RW signals an dthen motorcycle troops from 1936.

Bottom pic shows the pink or rosa used for kraftfahr troops but this one has been issued to panzer abwehr bttl 25 after 1936.

cheers

tony

Cheers Tony, your a wealth of information, nice collection "are they yours"
    Anyway it looks as though I'm off to buy a book.
    Cheers.

Kev.

AC Militaria

Kev, link above to a copy of this book...........pm me if you are thinking of buying it.

The caps on display above are part of my collection......

cheers

Tony