Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My New Fliegermutze M43

Article about: Hello all, I just picked up this nice Luftwaffe M43 cap. It's a nicely worn cap with a lot of character. I love the stitching on the embroidered trapezoid insignia and the blue lining. I enj

?

Default My New Fliegermutze M43

Hello all, I just picked up this nice Luftwaffe M43 cap. It's a nicely worn cap with a lot of character. I love the stitching on the embroidered trapezoid insignia and the blue lining. I enjoy collecting Luftwaffe caps because they are still somewhat affordable even the m43's. There is also enough variation in them to build a nice collection. I included a picture of it next to my other luftwaffe caps. Enjoy, Al.

My New Fliegermutze M43

My New Fliegermutze M43

My New Fliegermutze M43

My New Fliegermutze M43

My New Fliegermutze M43

My New Fliegermutze M43

My New Fliegermutze M43

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My New Fliegermutze M43
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My New Fliegermutze M43

you did well!

cheers,
    -patrick

Hi Al, a nice addition!

Cheers, Ade.

a very nice m43 to go with a very nice collection well done

tom

?

Gentlemen thank you for the comments. Its nice to have a place to showcase my new additions for fellow collectors. Most people I know that see my collection usually just stare blankly and ask why I like this stuff. I tell them that if they have to ask that question then there is no point in explaining. My wife has always been supportive and rarely questions my buys but I noticed that she likes the m43 caps in particular. She loves this luft model and called it beautiful, naturally I exploited that and now try to get one whenever I can.
    I often wonder why there are so many intact luftawffe caps & helmets in comparison with other branches of the wehrmacht. I assume there were as many members of the Luftwaffe as any other branch of the military. I realize that scarcity of an item often dictates desirablity in collecting. SS items are desirable because they are scarce but also the psychology of owning a piece of the elite forces must play a role. Not to mention that no one wanted to be associated with the SS after the war and much of the insignia was removed or scraped off. Either way I've resigned myself to not collecting SS regalia because of simple economics. Similarly I've resigned myself to never owning a Rolls Royce and have settled for an Oldsmobile.
    As for army m43's I've noticed that they are elusive as well for a decent price. I know I can find nice examples for top dollar but there is nothing as satisfying as finding a bargain. I often find them to have been doctored in one way another. It's very hard to pinpoint uniformity in these army caps. So many different materials, insignia, and my least favorite pitfall is French made which plays by its own rules. I also think a lot of these caps were pressed into civilian service on the fields or factory floors after the war, sans insignia. Perhaps the Luft caps not so much since they were a distinctive blue / grey associated with the military. Anyway here is another pic of my m43 caps thus far, I know the DJ cap is technically not an m43 but my wife doesn't know that

My New Fliegermutze M43