Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP visor help

Article about: This is way out of my comfort zone and I feel I may receive a scolding for something obviously wrong with it. This came up for sale on the Facebook market place( yes Ik not a reliable place)

?

Default NSDAP visor help

This is way out of my comfort zone and I feel I may receive a scolding for something obviously wrong with it. This came up for sale on the Facebook market place( yes Ik not a reliable place) and was recommended to me. Relatively close. I had a look at a few thread for similar visors and I thought it looked similar enough to warrant me making a thread. Pictures I will admit, may not be detailed enough . Here they are. I feel it Has convincing patina. But I have seen all the threads about fake aging . Thanks for the help in advance
    NSDAP visor help
    NSDAP visor help
    NSDAP visor help
    NSDAP visor help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP visor help
    P
    Many

Can't vouch for originality, but if it is, it's in pretty bad shape. Looks like it either saw a lot of use or has been stored badly in the intervening years.
    Might be better to save up for one in better condition, but if it's what you can afford, turns out to be original and it makes you happy, go for it. What's important is that you enjoy it, whatever condition it may be in.

B.B.

Photos look like they were taken with a 2mp flip-phone camera from 2002--there is no excuse on a seller's part to have such pathetic photos of something they are trying to sell.

That being said, it looks like the hat is probably good, but we need normal-sized photos.

The hat appears to be a Form 3 visor with an added Form 4 wreath.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Here are originals to compare it to:

NSDAP-Ortsgruppe Visor Hats

& here are fakes to contrast it with:

NSDAP-Ortsgruppe Schirmmuetzen

?

After a second reassessment if i would get it i think i will pass. I feel the price of i what i could get it for i could buy a much better condition items . And the sellar must not really care about said item if the pics are such low quality. Thanks stonemint anyway. I feel like i should really become a gold member now and see those pictures on that thread you linked
    Last edited by Jb4046; 04-07-2018 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Typo

I managed to blow up the photo, and the maker is # 27--Fewegla. Hat is a good one. All comes down to price.

?

Well the price is £350 . Does that sound good for its condition?

Looks like that comes to $400. I cannot see any damage to the hat from the limited photos, other than the age crazing to the leather visor (which is common to these). if that is the case, that would be a fair price.

The only caveat would be that it should have had the silver eagle replaced with a gilt M-37, but the PL probably never got around to it.

This is how it would have looked originally.
    As stated, most PL's just swapped insignia when the new regs came out in 1939:
    Attached Images Attached Images NSDAP visor help 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast