Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pith helmet; 1st pattern

Article about: Guys, purchased this yesterday at a local auction; Phila.PA. Tri-color shield repainted and one pin broken, but other than that, I think it is not bad. Thanks for taking a look. Hal

Hal
    ?

Default Pith helmet; 1st pattern

Guys, purchased this yesterday at a local auction; Phila.PA. Tri-color shield repainted and one pin broken, but other than that, I think it is not bad. Thanks for taking a look. Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pith helmet; 1st pattern   Pith helmet; 1st pattern  

Pith helmet; 1st pattern   Pith helmet; 1st pattern  

A long time ago in a land far,far away....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pith helmet; 1st pattern
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

A nice example. from my cell phone I can't make out the repaint but wilk look later when I'm home.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here are a few pics of one I just picked up.I am not up on this type of headcare so I would appreciate any help or comments

Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pith helmet; 1st pattern   Pith helmet; 1st pattern  

MAP
    ?

Looks like a good 2nd pattern felt pith Geoff. On the sweat band is it inked stamped "made in Germany"?

There was some questions (and I think a thread created here or on another forum) as to whether these were ever issued. But photo evidence has emerged

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This second pattern was easy to find because there was stocks in Belgium and France. I bought 3 in Bruxelles, 50 FF piece.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hello Map,No "Made in Germany" stamp. Here are the only markings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pith helmet; 1st pattern  

A pretty nice first pattern. General condition is good and it has an intact chin strap. I could not see the repaint on the shield too well but it looks like the black was touched up. Also, I think the trim around the brim has been either replaced or maybe cleaned up - perhaps painted. Posted a close up of my first pattern. Note the chin strap and trim colors match. NH

Pith helmet; 1st pattern

MAP
    ?

Quote by Geoff Ward View Post
    Hello Map,No "Made in Germany" stamp. Here are the only markings.
    Thanks. I just note this as since these were found in stores, many were shipped to the US post war and sold. Thus they were required to stamp "Made in Germany". They are all original however. Mine has the stamp (almost like a seal of originality )