Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Pith helmet shield , help

Article about: Hi, I have these 2 pith helmet shields that were brought back by a vet, where he pinned them to a Luger Holster. One of the pins appears to have a makers mark, JR&S. And appears that one

?

Default Pith helmet shield , help

Hi,
    I have these 2 pith helmet shields that were brought back by a vet, where he pinned them to a Luger Holster. One of the pins appears to have a makers mark, JR&S. And appears that one of the prongs is missing.
    The other, duller finish, shield has no maker mark and is missing 2 prongs. It also looks like there is some kind of glue or cement around the base of the prongs.
    If At all possible, I would like some opinions and thoughts as to the authenticity of these shields.

Pith helmet shield , helpPith helmet shield , helpPith helmet shield , helpPith helmet shield , helpPith helmet shield , helpPith helmet shield , helpPith helmet shield , help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pith helmet shield , help
    P
    Many

Moved to the Cloth Headgear section.
    Here are a couple of threads that will help to distinguish originals from copies.
    Not a Pith Helmet Pin. Not sure on this one.
    A couple of tropen sun helmet shields
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I am not sure, but looking at some of the posts that you mentioned in your last entry, correct me if I’m wrong, but the dull eagle shield is a “good original”? and the shiny JR&S is a copy? According to the pebble and pitting?

Quote by Obal7 View Post
    I am not sure, but looking at some of the posts that you mentioned in your last entry, correct me if I’m wrong, but the dull eagle shield is a “good original”? and the shiny JR&S is a copy? According to the pebble and pitting?
    Those are my feelings but, I also found this thread.
    Troppenhelm insignia question
    Never heard of JR&S as a manufacturer of anything before though.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)