Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Political Visor Opinion wanted

Article about: I posted this many years ago. I found it in an antique store in 2003. I have been out of collecting for many years. Can anyone ID this hat and comment on it's value? Here are some notes that

Default Political Visor Opinion wanted

I posted this many years ago. I found it in an antique store in 2003. I have been out of collecting for many years. Can anyone ID this hat and comment on it's value? Here are some notes that I have saved when it was posted many years ago.

From a well known dealer;

"The visor cap is for Beamten of the Government General. This means Officials of the Occupying Government in Occupied Territories (starting in Poland)

Forum notes;

Einsatzstab Reichs Minister Rosenberg VISOR

Anythingww2 this cap is as rare as hens teeth and I would personally but an estimate on this cap between $4000 to $5000, and that would be a conservative estimate. I would suggest you get on to one of the big dealer with this one, like kai winkler et al

This cap is from the Einsatzstab Reichs Minister Rosenberg this organization would go around the occupied east and steel art or should I say liberate. You do realize that this cap is probably only the second one in existence and you were damn lucky to find it in an antique shop.

I must say if I could afford this cap I would jump on it in a second. A wonderful, exceptional beauty.

This cap is illustrated in the book In The Service Of The Reich by Angolia page 206 through to page 213. Here are a couple of shots from the book. Note the collar patches.

In terms of rarity I am pretty sure yours is right up there with a white summer Alg. SS. So how does it feel to own a Holy Grail of visor collecting?

These caps didn't come out until September 1942 at the earliest.

Rare to see leather sb's on these red-inked Schellenbergs:
    Political Visor Opinion wantedPolitical Visor Opinion wantedPolitical Visor Opinion wantedPolitical Visor Opinion wantedPolitical Visor Opinion wantedPolitical Visor Opinion wanted

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Political Visor Opinion wanted
    P
    Many

?

I cannot comment on authenticity or value but a similar type of cap is listed on this website. I'm sure more experienced members will comment shortly

Reichs Ministry of the Occupied Eastern Territories (RMBO) Visor

Political Visor Opinion wantedPolitical Visor Opinion wanted

Political Visor Opinion wantedPolitical Visor Opinion wanted

?

Here is the link to your post from 6 years ago, it seems to explain everything.............Am I missing something ?

Einsatzstab Reichsminister Rosenberg officer visor hat.

Thanks!

I forgot I posted it here. That's about the last time I had anything to do with my collection. Thanks for finding it!