Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Possible WW2 Luftwaffe Schiffchenmütze disguised as GDR Volksmarine cap?

Article about: Hello Gentleman, I was offered this Side Cap, wich is clearly looking like a GDR Cap on the first View. On a closer look I saw some features like the double lined stiching on the front of th

Default Possible WW2 Luftwaffe Schiffchenmütze disguised as GDR Volksmarine cap?

Hello Gentleman,

I was offered this Side Cap, wich is clearly looking like a GDR Cap on the first View.

On a closer look I saw some features like the double lined stiching on the front of the cap directly under the brockade and the construction of the liner wich remind me on late war Luftwaffe or Kriegsmarine caps.

Especially the double lined stiching on the front really lets me scratch my head because I never saw that on a GDR piece.

Also the brockade looks like it was applied recently with a different coloured thread and in a lesser quality than usual.

I dont know why someone would butcher a WW2 Schiffchen to build an east german one but everything
    is possible.

It doesn't leave me forget about it, and I fear missing a good WW2 Schiffchen, because of limited knowledge so I hope you would share your wisdom with me and tell me weather I already see ghosts and it is just a weird GDR cap or is it really a messed with war era piece?

Sorry for my bad Grammar, and thank you up front for taking your time!

Greetings from northern Germany!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible WW2 Luftwaffe Schiffchenmütze disguised as GDR Volksmarine cap?   Possible WW2 Luftwaffe Schiffchenmütze disguised as GDR Volksmarine cap?  

Possible WW2 Luftwaffe Schiffchenmütze disguised as GDR Volksmarine cap?   Possible WW2 Luftwaffe Schiffchenmütze disguised as GDR Volksmarine cap?  

Possible WW2 Luftwaffe Schiffchenmütze disguised as GDR Volksmarine cap?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible WW2 Luftwaffe Schiffchenmütze disguised as GDR Volksmarine cap?
    P
    Many

Hello Gents, if someone has any thoughts on the cap, I would be very greatful for a comment.
    Greetings from northern Germany.

?

Sadly, it looks very much like a wartime Luftwaffe cap to me, too!

Thanks for your reply Kohima.
    To me it looks like it either.
    I saw some similar east german caps, but none that matches a ww2 cap as good as this one.
    I'm going to buy it for a couple of Euros.
    Even if its just a GDR side cap it won't be a huge loss.
    As soon as I hold it in hands at the end of the next week I'll post better pictures.
    If in the meantime someone has any other thoughts regarding the cap please feel free to share them with us.

Hey there, I agree that this looks like a wartime luftwaffe cap. I have one of similar stitching and material, however it retains its eagle and cockade. Hope this helps! Unique hat I'll say