Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Post Your Extreme-Angled Visors

Article about: I thought we had a thread on this topic, but apparently not, so lets start one. By extreme, I am referring to the "rake" of the visor in relation to the band. Please feel free to p

Default Post Your Extreme-Angled Visors

I thought we had a thread on this topic, but apparently not, so lets start one.

By extreme, I am referring to the "rake" of the visor in relation to the band.

Please feel free to post any visors/period photos showing "extreme rake".

I have not seen any TR makers that allowed one to select the angle of the visor.
    However, Italian makers did allow for such a choice. Here is a page from the brochure of an Italian maker showing the various visor angles available (courtesy of Wolfgang/Erwesa).
    (The least you could order is 25 degrees; the max 76 degrees):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Extreme-Angled Visors  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your Extreme-Angled Visors
    P
    Many

This is still the most extreme-angled visor I have seen to date--it is on the same plane as the band (which would be a 90-degree rake according to the Italian guide above):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Extreme-Angled Visors  

This LW visor is the closest thing to a LW crusher I have seen--visor appears to be all-leather:

This Kav visor sold on the 'bay a few weeks ago--angle would also be 90 (visor might have been resewn):

DRK Officer:

Schellenberg Kav that has a nice rake:

?

Here is a widely distributed photo of Peiper with a visor that would surely not keep the rain off.
    Post Your Extreme-Angled Visors

Thanks to Erwesa for pointing out this thread. I probably would have missed it. If you wanted to see differnt angle rakes here is mine on an Artillery visor made by Alfred Krebs. Based on the information Erwesa provided me, Krebs moved to this address from 1939 to 1943.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Extreme-Angled Visors   Post Your Extreme-Angled Visors