Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!

Article about: Headgear of the "Goldfasanen" have always been my favorites. Whether Form 1,2,3,4 or Schiffchens/Kepis/M-43's, if you got 'em, post 'em: I will start off with 2 Form 4 Orts. Note t

Quote by TxGauleiter View Post
    This hypothesis was put forth by Bob Coleman many years ago, and like many things on forums, it tends to get reread and repeated... Bob Coleman had a large collection, but in my opinion has been granted too much credibility simply because of it. I have read enough posts from him and seen him contradicted enough to question some of his conclusions. His hypothesis may be proven right eventually, but without more than just his opinion, I am skeptical.
    Well, I don't think Bob Coleman lied on this point, why would he? The general problem with the topic of Ordensburgen is that there are almost no documents from the time. I have read several books from the post-war period that are very informative, but when it comes to the topic of uniforms in general, they hardly reveal any new insights. The fact is that it is also very difficult to distinguish between Ordensburg Visors and Reich Visors, unless you are dealing with one of these extremely rare visors that show the dark brown material of the Ordensburg uniforms. The color of the piping on these visors varies between lemon yellow and yellow-orange, with shades in between. And as long as Bob Coleman's hypothesis is not completely refuted, I tend to believe it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!
    P
    Many

Quote by TxGauleiter View Post
    This hypothesis was put forth by Bob Coleman many years ago, and like many things on forums, it tends to get reread and repeated... Bob Coleman had a large collection, but in my opinion has been granted too much credibility simply because of it. I have read enough posts from him and seen him contradicted enough to question some of his conclusions. His hypothesis may be proven right eventually, but without more than just his opinion, I am skeptical.
    I just found this Visor on a dealers Website. It seems to be a earlier Model made by Clemens Wagner. Note the vent holes and lemon piping. Inside visible a stamping "Eigentum/Property Ordensburg Vogelsang". This visor is a good proof for the correctness of Coleman's hypothesis in my opinion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!   Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!  

Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!   Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!  

Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!  

Default PL Visors '38 72'

I have to show one more strange thing here, perhaps someone can shed some light on it. In the course of research I came across photos of two PL visors, a Orts visor and an Ordensburg Vogelsang visor, which show the same ink stamp as my Orts visor in post #140. The numbers "38 72" have been stamped in black ink on the three visors. They are not size stamps, nor are they manufacturer stamps, what the three visors have in common is that they are early visors. In any case, remarkable, I think!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!   Post Your NSDAP Political Hats!  

Attached Images Attached Images Post Your NSDAP Political Hats! 

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17