MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

POV on an ID'd Luftwaffe Visor

Article about: Hello, all. I am hoping this group can help share any details on this Luftwaffe visor. I don't focus on cloth and I bought 2 visors years ago. My questions are: 1) Does this look like a legi

Default POV on an ID'd Luftwaffe Visor

Hello, all. I am hoping this group can help share any details on this Luftwaffe visor. I don't focus on cloth and I bought 2 visors years ago. My questions are: 1) Does this look like a legit visor? I know there are tons of fakes out there and would love this group's POV. 2) There is a name on the visor - ORTHLIEL. Has anyone been successful in researching names that have been found on Luftwaffe gear? 3) If legit, what is a visor in this condition worth? 4) Thank you. POV on an ID'd Luftwaffe VisorPOV on an ID'd Luftwaffe VisorPOV on an ID'd Luftwaffe VisorPOV on an ID'd Luftwaffe VisorPOV on an ID'd Luftwaffe VisorPOV on an ID'd Luftwaffe VisorPOV on an ID'd Luftwaffe VisorPOV on an ID'd Luftwaffe VisorPOV on an ID'd Luftwaffe VisorPOV on an ID'd Luftwaffe VisorPOV on an ID'd Luftwaffe VisorPOV on an ID'd Luftwaffe Visor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement POV on an ID'd Luftwaffe Visor
    P
    Many

?

If i'm not wrong it looks like a good LW officer visor to me!

These can be worth quite alot infact. Try and search up some on different sites.

Seems to be a good restored hat with post war black visor...

Thank you, Sensei. Much appreciated. I'm looking to sell a couple visors and this guidance helps me.

Thanks, Waffen94. Much appreciated. I assume that the ID is no longer relevant, then? Thanks for your thoughts. Also, I uploaded more photos of the other visor you commented on via another thread. Thanks for taking a look. Hope you're all doing well.

you're welcome Commander ! period visor made by vulcanised fiber, and plastic post war like your exemple to me...

?

It looks like an original late(er) war Peküro cap - the visor/peak could really have been replaced. There were visors/peaks without edging but with green underneath (they early ones were mostly black) in late war caps. The only way to verify wheter the visor/peak is original to this cap is to check the seam - do the holes of the sweatband/peak match? Are there extra-holes?

Here is one that comes close to yours (although it doesn't feature any longer the Peküro-typical velvet insert of the sweatband):

Luftwaffe Schirmmütze "50 missions crush"

See also here:

Wonderful eReL Private cap

Lw schirmmutze

Luft Officers Visor - A salty dog - Max Lindner Munchen

Luftwaffe visor hat real?

If naught else, the cleanliness of the visor compared to the rest of the cap
    cry out that the original was replaced.

?

By the way: I think the name on the peak is "Orthlieb".

Yes, no diamond in late Pekuro...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast