Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question on motorcycle crash helmet

Article about: I have been offered this, but it doesn't look like anything I have seen elsewhere. Different to the NSKK ones, and I am wondering if it is a post/pre war version with a police badge to sex i

?

Default Question on motorcycle crash helmet

I have been offered this, but it doesn't look like anything I have seen elsewhere. Different to the NSKK ones, and I am wondering if it is a post/pre war version with a police badge to sex it up? Any help appreciated.Question on motorcycle crash helmetQuestion on motorcycle crash helmetQuestion on motorcycle crash helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question on motorcycle crash helmet
    P
    Many

?

If you search 'nskk crash helmet' several of this this type with no center ridge pops up.

Maybe a variation of the crash helmet with the central ridge, which we see on the forum from time to time.

?

I saw that type, but the flaps that come over the ears looked different - maybe different manufacturers?

[QUOTE=alikat;1166649]I have been offered this, but it doesn't look like anything I have seen elsewhere. Different to the NSKK ones, and I am wondering if it is a post/pre war version with a police badge to sex it up? Any help appreciated.

I think you have already summed it up nicely ! The cap badge is police but for the peaked cap not crash helmet and I would agree its civilian helmet of a certain vintage but not necessarily wartime.

cheers

Tony

I think municipal Police wore these in black, brown, sometimes white. Would be good to see some markings or manufacturers ink stamp in the crown that may indicate country of origin as I think the Italians had a similar helmet.