Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Reichsbahn Schirmmütze M-35

Article about: Here is a cap I bought after looking at moderator Stonemint`s thread "legit visors caps at ebay". It was sold without insignia so I hope the ones I`ve attached are correct (size of

Thumbs up Reichsbahn Schirmmütze M-35

Here is a cap I bought after looking at moderator Stonemint`s thread "legit visors caps at ebay". It was sold without insignia so I hope the ones I`ve attached are correct (size of eagle etc.,). The chin cord is torn on one side so if anyone knows where I can get an original one which is the same size, I`d be very grateful!! Sorry about the rather amateurish photos. Thank you for your time.
    Stig
    Ps! The picture of the inside is wrong-sided. I could not get it the right way, for some reason?!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbahn Schirmmütze M-35   Reichsbahn Schirmmütze M-35  

Reichsbahn Schirmmütze M-35   Reichsbahn Schirmmütze M-35  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsbahn Schirmmütze M-35
    P
    Many

?

You could easily repair the chincord yourself - no need for a replacement. All you need is some thread (check the colour first - perhaps the original thread is still there under the "knot" (indicated by the red arrows in the pic), otherwise check the other "knot". Form a loop (check the size at the other side for the correct length), wind the thread a couple of times over the end of the cord and the cord itself, knot it and then carfully slip the "knot" over the thread so that it can't be seen. If you check the other end carefully you can see how its done, you just have to do the same.

Eagle seems to be O. K., see here (post # 4):

Adler Schule!

Thank you for that "lesson", sir. I will ask my friend`s girlfriend to help me. Since I saved money on your advice, i will instead donate some to this forum.
    Stig

Thanks for supporting the forum Stig. happy collecting.

?

Hi bittaker,

I just happened to find the pic that explains it all:

Just the knot has to be slipped back over the end of the loop.

Hi bittaker...

Have a look in chris (stonemint) thread here.. page 1 post 4
    BRD Bundesbahn Visors Posing as Reichsbahn

I do think you have a postwar visor.. the perküro logo is a postwar logo i am almost sure..but i could be wrong.. but Chris for sure can tell. Can you do a picture where we see all of the sweatband?

?

Hi Ullergaard,

I think Chris has alreday done, see here, post # 16, (seems to be exactly this cap): Legit Visor Caps on Ebay

Stig--you have a good M-35 pekuro. I agree with Erwesa--repair the cord by sewing it.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”