Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Salty Luftwaffe Group

Article about: I took the Luft caps out for an impromptu photo shoot because I'm feeling Spring fever. Most of these caps constitute the first caps I acquired, the visor being my first piece of authentic G

?

Default Salty Luftwaffe Group

I took the Luft caps out for an impromptu photo shoot because I'm feeling Spring fever. Most of these caps constitute the first caps I acquired, the visor being my first piece of authentic German headgear. I say authentic because I had many others early on that were proven to be fakes thanks to my introduction to this fine forum. I have a certain fondness for them because they allowed me to start collecting on a relatively low budget. Most of them were purchased for as little as $100 and no more than $500. Luftwaffe caps are still a great starter collection for newbies as you can still get nice side caps for about $200 to $300. Many of them, are faded and full of moth nips, ironically the mechanics cap and Officer's cap are the cleanest of the bunch. for what it's worth here they are.

Al

Salty Luftwaffe Group

Salty Luftwaffe Group

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty Luftwaffe Group
    P
    Many

?

This is the saltiest of the bunch. Bought on ebay in the pre banned days for $99. Supposedly came from an old London antique shop window display. Faded, moth eaten, poorly stitched but holds a place of prestige in my collection as my first sidecap. Made by "Willy Sprengpfeil" originally authenticated for me by Ade 10 years ago, making me very happy.

Salty Luftwaffe Group
    Salty Luftwaffe GroupSalty Luftwaffe Group

?

The next one is in very good condition almost unissued. Also bought on ebay cheaply in the waning days of good authentic bargains. This one was so nice I thought it was fake also. Being a novice I had no idea what to look for but once again authenticated by Ade many moons ago.

Salty Luftwaffe GroupSalty Luftwaffe Group\

?

My first visor a standard issue Luftwaffe Flight cap left me reeling after spending about $500 on one item 10 years ago. This was the beginning of the end for me, I was officially hooked and became desensitized to the high prices of the hobby.

Salty Luftwaffe Group

Salty Luftwaffe Group

Salty Luftwaffe Group

Well done! Thanks for sharing.

Mart

?

One of my favorites is this Luftwaffe ground crew / mechanic cap. The dealer websites always try to entice us by implying it could either be a mundane ground crew cap or perhaps a Luftwaffe Hermann Goerring panzer cap. The fact that it is a ground crew cap is not mundane for me. I envision it being worn by mechanics working on the great war birds produced by Germany. In this case assigned to a Flak regt. Constructed of black herringbone twill (HBT), it is a classy looking cap regardless of it's function

Salty Luftwaffe Group
    Salty Luftwaffe Group

?

Quote by Martin C View Post
    Well done! Thanks for sharing.

Mart
    If my mother were here she would say, "Why don't you go outside and play, It's a beautiful day" and I would say "Ma, I am playing (on the PC)" She would be happy that at least I'm still sharing my toys with my friends .

I think many of us owned a Luft flight EM visor as a starter item. I remember back in the 80's...average price was about $30 USD. They were so common. Still a good value in todays market.

Thanks for showing your collection. Nice to see them in a group shot
    D.

?

My first M43 ! I wanted a Heer M43 so bad but couldn't afford the $600 to $700 they were going for so I decided to get a nice Luft model for about $300 less. I fell in love with them instantly

Salty Luftwaffe Group

Salty Luftwaffe Group

?

Quote by real steel View Post
    I think many of us owned a Luft flight EM visor as a starter item. I remember back in the 80's...average price was about $30 USD. They were so common. Still a good value in todays market.

Thanks for showing your collection. Nice to see them in a group shot
    D.
    Thanks David, I just wanted to show that I'm not only Sir Skull but a multi faceted obsessed collector with humble beginnings. I just don't have the discipline like you and others who concentrate on one area. I commend you for your dedication. the rest of us can just tear around the internet buying everything in sight that is visually pleasing.
    Al

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast