Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Salty Luftwaffe side cap by Carl Halfar

Article about: I've been considering this and compared it to the known good example, albeit an earlier black Lufty mechanics one, here: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth-...halfar-356119/ I like the over

Default Salty Luftwaffe side cap by Carl Halfar

I've been considering this and compared it to the known good example, albeit an earlier black Lufty mechanics one, here:

Luftwaffe mechanics black work side cap by Carl Halfar

I like the overall look of it and believe that the eagle and cap are good, but I can never tell with the cockade. They are all hand sewn on so you couldn't guarantee it was period done either.

Hopefully I've learnt something and this will get a thumbs up, but as ever any opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty Luftwaffe side cap by Carl Halfar   Salty Luftwaffe side cap by Carl Halfar  

Salty Luftwaffe side cap by Carl Halfar   Salty Luftwaffe side cap by Carl Halfar  

Salty Luftwaffe side cap by Carl Halfar   Salty Luftwaffe side cap by Carl Halfar  

"Per Ardua"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty Luftwaffe side cap by Carl Halfar
    P
    Many

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty Luftwaffe side cap by Carl Halfar   Salty Luftwaffe side cap by Carl Halfar  

"Per Ardua"

I have never seen one with the lining "hand stitched" ? Has it been worked on ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    I have never seen one with the lining "hand stitched" ? Has it been worked on ?
    I think its a repair, real steel.
    "Per Ardua"

Anytime I see something repaired or post war work done, I avoid it because it makes me suspicious of what else was touched post war

Quote by real steel View Post
    Anytime I see something repaired or post war work done, I avoid it because it makes me suspicious of what else was touched post war
    Thanks for taking the time to take a look. I certainly agree with your opinion, you never really know if its been messed with. But for me if the price isn't more than than the sum of the (original) parts, then I think it could be worth it?
    "Per Ardua"

I'd go for it if the price is right...It's still a nice Display Piece...I see the Cockade is similarly hand-stitched, btw...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by paulp4180 View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to take a look. I certainly agree with your opinion, you never really know if its been messed with. But for me if the price isn't more than than the sum of the (original) parts, then I think it could be worth it?
    Hey if the price is something you are comfortable with....by all means go for it.
    Was just tossing out my opinion

A well used, repaired original. If the price is reasonable I say go for it too. NH

?

IMO, I would save up and buy a better condition cap. These are common and not that expensive. In the long run you will be better off with a minty example. Just my 2 cents.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast