Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Schützen-Regiment 2 Visor Cap

Article about: A new arrival that I am very pleased to add to my collection. A named and unit stamped example to Schütze Erich Schulz of Schützen-Regiment 2. It's a nice Peküro with vibrant colors and t

TWS
    ?

Default Schützen-Regiment 2 Visor Cap

A new arrival that I am very pleased to add to my collection.

A named and unit stamped example to Schütze Erich Schulz of Schützen-Regiment 2. It's a nice Peküro with vibrant colors and the distributor was Ernst Hess of Meiningen. Perhaps stonemint has an idea of the rarity of that distributor. It has early brass-based insignia that has lost much of its finish due to age. The wreath is cracked just left of center when looking at the cap, but to me a minor detraction given the cap's other attributes.

Schützen-Regiment 2 was stood up on 15 October of 1935, appropriately from Infanterie-Regiment Meiningen which had been stood up just one year and two weeks prior. Schützen-Regiment 2 was part of the 2nd Panzer Division - commanded by Heinz Guderian from it's formation until February, 1938.

Schützen-Regiment 2 Visor CapSchützen-Regiment 2 Visor CapSchützen-Regiment 2 Visor CapSchützen-Regiment 2 Visor CapSchützen-Regiment 2 Visor CapSchützen-Regiment 2 Visor CapSchützen-Regiment 2 Visor CapSchützen-Regiment 2 Visor Cap
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schützen-Regiment 2 Visor Cap
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Very nice Todd. Well marked as well! A nice bonus!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

A nice addition to your collection!
    I remember seeing your wonderful Tunic display.
    Do you have a tunic for this one?

Semper Fi
    Phil

I really like it Todd!
    Great overall condition and great shape.
    Excellent visor.

TWS
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    A nice addition to your collection!
    I remember seeing your wonderful Tunic display.
    Do you have a tunic for this one?

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Hi and thanks Phil. Unfortunately I do not have any tunics attributed to SR 2. I do have one to SR 1 of 1st Panzer Division and it came with its hat when I found it in Germany. I do have a number of other pink-piped tunics that it would be okay to display with.[
    ATTACH=CONFIG]1487956[/ATTACH]Schützen-Regiment 2 Visor Cap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schützen-Regiment 2 Visor Cap  
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

a rely nice one!

Nice visor and grouping Todd

Bill

T, that is one bitchin' lid, with everything you want to see: Prewar quality; Pekuro made; rare retailer; unit stamped; and private-purchase in doesking--congrats, my friend....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

TWS
    ?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    T, that is one bitchin' lid, with everything you want to see: Prewar quality; Pekuro made; rare retailer; unit stamped; and private-purchase in doesking--congrats, my friend....
    Thank-you sir! When I saw it, I knew I had to buy it. It fits perfectly into my collecting focus.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Here's my Schützen-Regiment 1 (1st Panzer Division) cap along with the new arrival from Schützen-Regiment 2.

The SR1 cap is also a private purchase and was made by H.W. Bachmanns in Arnstadt. Thanks to Stony for the assist! I had a memory lapse and forgot the maker but he knew it immediately. I have to say, I like the Peküro a little better.

Schützen-Regiment 2 Visor CapSchützen-Regiment 2 Visor Cap
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."