Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Schiffchen für Offiziere der Luftwaffe

Article about: Please your opinion for the cap, it looks original to me. Thanks a lot for your help.

Default Schiffchen für Offiziere der Luftwaffe

Please your opinion for the cap, it looks original to me. Thanks a lot for your help.

Schiffchen für Offiziere der LuftwaffeSchiffchen für Offiziere der LuftwaffeSchiffchen für Offiziere der LuftwaffeSchiffchen für Offiziere der LuftwaffeSchiffchen für Offiziere der LuftwaffeSchiffchen für Offiziere der LuftwaffeSchiffchen für Offiziere der LuftwaffeSchiffchen für Offiziere der LuftwaffeSchiffchen für Offiziere der LuftwaffeSchiffchen für Offiziere der LuftwaffeSchiffchen für Offiziere der Luftwaffe
    Last edited by Thodoras; 06-16-2018 at 10:48 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schiffchen für Offiziere der Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Thodoras, not my collecting area, but it looks good to me.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Need a better shot of that eagle, to be frank; a clear, high-red photo.

I have placed couple eagle photo's from close by, please your opinion.

Looks fine to me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi pavlos,

As I had commented on another forum, I’m not a fan of this one. A post war replica for my money.

J-

Is only the eagle post war replica or the whole cap?

TWS
    ?

The cap at first glance looks pretty good, but as I really look closely I have a couple concerns. Bear in mind I am not an expert but I have a couple Luftwaffe originals in my collection.

1. The stitching lines along the top sides (starting behind the eagle and running across the top of each side). My originals do not have that line of stitching. It's just a concern, as I have only two examples here I can look at so they certainly do not account for all manufacturer's variations.

2. The spacing of the double needle stitching across the top of the flaps. I would not expect it to be perfect, but I would expect it to be more consistently spaced than on the one pictured.

3. It appears like an enlisted issue cap upgraded to officer. That is not a problem, but I would like to see a better shot of how the officers silver braid is attached. The one photo is washed out.

4. I would like to see larger photos of the interior. I'm not sure I like how the center spine is constructed but need larger, clear photo to really judge it.

I uploaded couple more photos, please your opinion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schiffchen für Offiziere der Luftwaffe   Schiffchen für Offiziere der Luftwaffe  

Schiffchen für Offiziere der Luftwaffe   Schiffchen für Offiziere der Luftwaffe  

Schiffchen für Offiziere der Luftwaffe   Schiffchen für Offiziere der Luftwaffe  

TWS
    ?

I looked around last night and that line of stitching across the top should be fine. I found an original example that has it. Different manufacturing technique than the ones I have, but seems to be legitimate. Would like to see a good clear photo of how the officer's silver braid is attached (photo is still washed out, don't use flash), but I think the cap is probably good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast