Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS EM Visor

Article about: I'm putting this one up for discussion so we can pick it apart. It's looks like a heavily worn Sonderanfertigung of unknown maker. Unfortunately the auction house has not included a photo of

?

Default SS EM Visor

I'm putting this one up for discussion so we can pick it apart. It's looks like a heavily worn Sonderanfertigung of unknown maker. Unfortunately the auction house has not included a photo of the rzm tag under the sweatband. It looks like it has a 'deutsches leder' stamp on the sweatband indicating quality. It's in fairly decent shape except for the theatrical markings. The bill has been resewn, I guess it's to be expected from a hat being knocked around on stage instead of gently displayed in a private collection. The insignia are authentic and have a nice matching patina but i would imagine replaced at some point. And of course it's missing one button on the chinstrap. Not a bad little visor to add to a collection but with auction fees the lowest winning bid would be $5K to start. Feel free to comment and kick it around I'm sure I missed something obvious.

SS EM VisorSS EM Visor

SS EM VisorSS EM Visor

SS EM VisorSS EM Visor

SS EM VisorSS EM Visor

SS EM VisorSS EM Visor

SS EM VisorSS EM Visor

SS EM VisorSS EM Visor

SS EM VisorSS EM Visor

SS EM Visor
    Regards, Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS EM Visor
    P
    Many

?

I definitely think it's a put together. Visor and sweat band both restiched and not very neatly. Chin strap might also be replaced hence mismatched buttons. Interior looks a mess and well used.

The positive is exterior looks quite good. I also really like patina on insignia. I believe original repaired em.

Tim

?

Pieces parts put together as mentioned! Mostly original!

?

I'm not sure this is a Frankenstein cap made up of different parts. I think that it's a nice Sonderanfertigung that's been ridden rough, required a bill to be reattached and tattooed inside with all the property marks of theater company. Maybe one of our resident cap makers can set me straight.

Anyway, I secured more photo's from the auction house of the interior. Label marked #5 (firm of Hermann Ernst Adolf?)

SS EM Visor

SS EM Visor

SS EM Visor

SS EM Visor
    Regards, Al

?

This bad boy did not sell at auction, perhaps it will pop up somewhere else.
    Regards, Al

?

Not sure it's a frankenstein, perhaps a bad restoration...
    I've an example of a PZ SS officer visor with a bad restoration that's in the "questionnable visor thread" here....(Based on very bad pics too )

?

Quote by ATHOR View Post
    Not sure it's a frankenstein, perhaps a bad restoration...
    I've an example of a PZ SS officer visor with a bad restoration that's in the "questionnable visor thread" here....(Based on very bad pics too )
    I agree
    Regards, Al

Agree. Good hat, bad resto, and waaaaay overpriced....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Agree. Good hat, bad resto, and waaaaay overpriced....
    Never say never! The buyers market for these infernal caps is insane.

April 2023

SS EM Visor

November 2023

SS EM Visor

December 2023

SS EM Visor
    Regards, Al

?

That's a crazy price

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast