Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

An SS/Headgear Collector's Dream!

Article about: Imagine walking in on this immediately after the war--this is either at the Reichskanzlei proper, or the Vorbunker. It looks like an SS Generals on the left, and officers, and a crusher--all

Default An SS/Headgear Collector's Dream!

Imagine walking in on this immediately after the war--this is either at the Reichskanzlei proper, or the Vorbunker. It looks like an SS Generals on the left, and officers, and a crusher--all from the LAH:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An SS/Headgear Collector's Dream!  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An SS/Headgear Collector's Dream!
    P
    Many

Default Re: An SS/Headgear Collector's Dream!

If only............................and to think, at the end of the war they burnt a lot of it

hi stonemint now that would make you drool and the end of johns comment cry cool picture.

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    If only............................and to think, at the end of the war they burnt a lot of it
    Lucky they did! Imagine that stuff not being scarce...we would not be sitting here, looking for it!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Quite right.

The hunt for the scarce and rare is one of life's joys.

I wouldn't resist one sec!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An SS/Headgear Collector's Dream!  

and after....the fire....

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    I don't think so, they packed it out to the big wooden boxes and send back to the USSR to different museums. I remeber the Artillery Museeum in Leningrad in the end of 80's, there was a tons of unopened boxes with inscriptions- Property of the Soviet nation- open it in 1965 year ( for example, the years was different) but was still unopened. Some of the boxes contain different items as boxes with cheap medals,buckles etc, which was the same sort and a lot of unfinished, and probably from a factory/ depot. But some boxes contain the items from a battlefield, even with loaded handgrenades and tunics with a remained blood and used first aid kit on them. A lot of that boxes was dumped in the nearest river in the end of 60's, but after the peoples find a lot of live weapons there, due of not a big depth, peoples dive and get guns. The museum decided to close the bottom with of the river with a concrete pannels...
    I'am personally have some items found in the theater in Moscow in the beginning of 90's, there was about 150 German steelhelmets which was given to the theater by Museum of the Red Army in Moscow, even the helmets was with the museum tags, and described that it's a trophee of the Red Army, and the place and the date of capture.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Here is the link to the helmet from that bunch
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...-m40-quist-25/
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

I would guess that a fair amount of black things put away on the eve of the war may have survived, if they were not turned in for recycling. No doubt many gray items were, in fact, destroyed at the end for a number of reasons.

In any event, the Czech Statni film works et alia seem to have scooped up many nice things in the years following the war.

I believe F-B knows a fair amount about this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast