Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

SS Kepi for Review and Comment

Article about: Friedrich - on the inside top of my Kepi I can read 'Wasser......" which i guess reads wasserdicht or waterproof, there is also other lettering but well worn so unable to read.Looks lik

Default Re: SS Kepi for Review and Comment

By some miracle, I found the piece I sold.... It was not in as nice shape as the piece on the Whamond site, but it does show the early tag and the maker's mark for a Kupper kepi. The one on the Whamond site for the SS of years back was similar to this....

All the most picayune details... This piece and several others, some of which were in the Spronk Saris book without my knowing it, came from a noted collection in my region.

I have the distinction of selling pieces that I later find out are all in books.

sehr witzig.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Kepi for Review and Comment  SS Kepi for Review and Comment 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kepi for Review and Comment
    P
    Many

For those of you interested, Wetzlar is not especially far from Wuppertal Ronsdorf in the greater scheme of things. Look in Google maps. Depending on the road you take, it is from 184 to 200 kms. They do not sell this hat there anymore, though.

One notes that it is this site and its knowledge that acts as the locomotive for those on the lord of the flies site unable to generate enough forward motion with Stinrdrueckfrei and the inner secrets of Wuppertal Ronsdorf. I wish all a happy ride on the Schwebebahn in search of velvet gussets.

This hat here is also a Kupper and has said gussets, but I have no image of interior of same..... Notice the stunning matching set of insignia. All levity aside, this cap plainly came with the 1927/9 Hoheitszeichen as well as possibly the Danziger Totenschaedel and was updated in turn.

The piece has great character. Who was its owner? What did he see? His SS number is in the cap, actually.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Kepi for Review and Comment 

?

interesting SS Kepi info

Morning Gents,

thanks for sharing this great headgear stuff with us !!!

Regards
    Nikolaus

Here is some more, but not kepis, really.

This is a Kupper peaked cap somewhere in Europe which is similar to the one on the inlaid table in more worn state of preservation.

I tried to buy it and the tunic that went with it, without success.

Where is it now?

This is a very early species of cap (1934?) with the Kupper velvet gusset construction and the ventilation holes typical of early caps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kepi for Review and Comment   SS Kepi for Review and Comment  

?

i only have the copy, do you know what one it is ?

The Saris and Beaver/Shea books have many images of authentic kepis of the SS.

One does well to consider its KuK antecedent, that is, the kepi or Kappe used in the Habsburg army.
    Conrad von Hoetzendorf and his colleagues....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kepi for Review and Comment  

That is a post war kepi... stone where is your knowledge ? lol

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    That is a post war kepi... stone where is your knowledge ? lol
    Wolfty, I agree--I just did not want to bias the thread from the beginning. I believe Pekuro made it for stage or Motion Picture production--I am unaware of any BRD organisation that would have worn a black kepi.....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast