Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Panzer Feldmutze Authentication

Article about: Hey there everybody, I was hoping to get some help with this growing interest of mine. It is said to be an unissued M43 panzer cap. Felt like I should share here before I continue, thanks. L

Default SS Panzer Feldmutze Authentication

Hey there everybody, I was hoping to get some help with this growing interest of mine. It is said to be an unissued M43 panzer cap. Felt like I should share here before I continue, thanks. Look forwards to reading responses

SS Panzer Feldmutze AuthenticationSS Panzer Feldmutze AuthenticationSS Panzer Feldmutze AuthenticationSS Panzer Feldmutze AuthenticationSS Panzer Feldmutze Authentication

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Panzer Feldmutze Authentication
    P
    Many

?

Hello
    A nice DACHAU brand new one (as expected)
    Regards
    ARNAUD

?

Its a nice fake hat with real trap but the basic cap is fake.

?

A well done fake
    Didn't meet this type before.

Quote by MM1985 View Post
    Its a nice fake hat with real trap but the basic cap is fake.

Hello,
    I'm far from being an expert in WSS headgear, but this SS Panzer example is consistent with what is known by the collectors' community as the production from "Dachau" late in the war, as already mentioned by Athor. The WSS Panzer caps from this provenance include identical characteristics, the most obvious being the underside of the visor devoid of black woolen cloth, revealing the cardboard.
    I have seen several in fairs and i have noticed that the insignia could be woven or embroidered.
    I have also seen some of them on the Internet in recent years and was surprised to note that these caps could be cheaper than their Heer counterparts. Two or three were priced around 2000 euro on some dealers' sites, no need to explain to everyone here that for this kind of money, you are far from being the proud owner of the Heer example, especially if the insignia is factory sewn.
    So my questions go to those who know : Are these caps put aside by WSS headgear collectors ?
    If yes, is it because they're late war, simplified and not representative of earlier campaigns (like Normandie) or is it because they're from Dachau, pushing some collectors not to purchase them because of what is linked to this infamous name ?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

The Heer that I own is a factory sewn example, that thread can be found on my account. Most people, with regards to this cap, have pointed out that the buttons look off. Mainly my reason for posting was that I was interested in possibly purchasing it, but was skeptical towards the buttons and material. Thank you for your addition!

?

Hello JP

I thing these caps are less popular amoung collectors because they come very often not used, and brand new...
    Not with the charism of a "been there" item,like this

Ss mod 43 field cap

okay, now I may be confused... is this cap a fake or authentic un-issue? I am sorry as I believe I'm getting back and forth replies. Thank you all for your time.

Grant

?

Grant, exactly the point. They are generally accepted as unissued stockpiles from Dachau, made late war with "no frills." there seems to be an endless supply of these and the green Italian gabardine type caps. Most collectors like them some don't. welcome to the realm of Third Reich collecting. you have to ask yourself if you're comfortable in your purchase. A dear friend and collector is fond of saying "with collection comes misery"

Good luck to you
    Regards, Al

Thanks, my only issue with collecting is authenticity. There have been a few gifts from my parents and others (refer to the helmet cover on my profile) that turned out to be a real helmet, but well-done repro cover. None of which detract from the fact that it is a GIFT. Haha. But when I look, I try to be as sure as I can. With this, the trap looks real, but the material looks just way to good. Thank you for your input and I will wait to see what others may add!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast