Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS Schiffchen

Article about: I took a gamble on this SS Schiffchen at auction with poor photo's but I think it paid off. In hand the cap seems authentic in every way. The color and material are correct, the false piping

?

Default SS Schiffchen

I took a gamble on this SS Schiffchen at auction with poor photo's but I think it paid off. In hand the cap seems authentic in every way. The color and material are correct, the false piping, the gray material lining and the remaining eagle insignia. I had the insignia vetted by Sid who confirmed it is the type used by Foreign volunteers. The TK was removed at one point leaving behind loose threads. That being said, I've never handled one of these so I'm basing it on photographs and reference books. I either got a really good deal on an SS O/S cap or I paid top dollar for a cap eagle I welcome all opinions and input.

Regards, Al

SS Schiffchen

SS Schiffchen

SS SchiffchenSS Schiffchen

SS Schiffchen

SS Schiffchen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Schiffchen
    P
    Many

?

Some outdoor shots..........

SS Schiffchen

?

Sid Thank you for the excellent reference photo and your generosity in helping out fellow collectors

Courtesy of Carlsson1982:

CBH
    ?

Nice find Al, I think you got a bargain.
    It sure looks good to me, nice stitching and quality manufacturing.
    Just enough ghosting under the TK.
    Hope it checks out.

?

Thanks Chris , me too ! It just looked and felt right out of the box. I hope I'm right.

?

I couldn't resist adding one of my TK's until I can figure out how to best restore a cloth version. There are plenty of period photo's with a metal TK in use on the sidecap. A Belgian or Latvian skull would probably be a good fit but I don't have one. I chose an unmarked "Deschler" attributed skull to fill the void.

SS Schiffchen

Dos
    ?

Very appealing overseas cap you got there Al, I wouldn't mind adding that to my collection without the cloth TK. It looks right in every way. Maybe one day you will find a removed example so that you can reunite them. Good question to what type goes onto these! Maybe this Belgian bevo one that i recently posted..?

Belgian SS Cloth Insignia & E.Reitz

-Dos

SS Schiffchen

?

Thanks Dos, who knows what was on there. Those Belgian cloth versions are very nice and rare. I think John has one. I'd put a metal Belgian TK on if I had one. I should have bought one when they were affordable.

CBH
    ?

If I where restoring it, I’d look for a cloth TK that had been removed, pre-folded. Then a couple of stitches with the smallest need and finest thread you can find. But it does look nice with the metal TK.

?

Thanks Chris, I see those type of skulls all the time. That’s what I’m going to try and find.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast