Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

State Veterans Association Cap NSRKB

Article about: This looks like an earlier NSRKB visor. I liked it and purchased it. Looked good, the inside has some wear but looks like it was used a little, which I like in headgear. The eagle is slightl

Default State Veterans Association Cap NSRKB

This looks like an earlier NSRKB visor. I liked it and purchased it. Looked good, the inside has some wear but looks like it was used a little, which I like in headgear. The eagle is slightly loose but I won't mess with it. I always liked the war veterans support items. They don't get the best of the collectible love, but with all the decorations and uniforms and medals the veterans were given between war years, there was an effort to acknowledge them. And I thought it looked good in my collection.

State Veterans Association Cap    NSRKB State Veterans Association Cap    NSRKB State Veterans Association Cap    NSRKB State Veterans Association Cap    NSRKB State Veterans Association Cap    NSRKB State Veterans Association Cap    NSRKB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement State Veterans Association Cap    NSRKB
    P
    Many

Simon--it is a good one, but the gilt eagle is correct.
    It should either have a cockade or an RKB eagle on it in place of the gilt eagle.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Simon--it is a good one, but the gilt eagle is correct.
    It should either have a cockade or an RKB eagle on it in place of the gilt eagle.
    The gilt eagle is correct or is not correct? It's been replaced? I thought these style eagles were used on the early pattern visors and then later versions would have the distinctive NS-RKB eagle, but they were not until around 1938.

?

According to Wim Saris' "Headgear" book series, vol. 2, the early Kyffhäuserbund-caps had a cockade on the crown, then (from 1938 onwards) an eagle with an iron cross above two crossed swords on its brerast was used. This eagle was made of aluminium and the gilt wreaths were forbidden in 1939. So this cap should have the cockade on the crown (and I think steonemint just made a typo).

That's why I asked. I thought he meant "The gilt eagle is not correct". I just wanted to make sure.

So would the Eagle be a wartime replacement to the cockade or someone just put it there? The wear on the eagle matches the wreath around the pin astoundingly well! I saw on page 274 of my Vol. 2 "Headgear" a pic of my hat with the cockade and another on page 289. It speaks also of a short period of transitional models before the final adoption of a singular one. Also on page 290 at the bottom you see one with a different pin and wreath but similar eagle and setup, it states it was not permitted for wear by veterans. So did a veteran alter this cap as assumed on page 290? Or did someone just put this one on there because the wear a patina match the rest perfectly...

Yes sorry, typo--meant incorrect.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by SimonSorenKam View Post
    That's why I asked. I thought he meant "The gilt eagle is not correct". I just wanted to make sure.

So would the Eagle be a wartime replacement to the cockade or someone just put it there? The wear on the eagle matches the wreath around the pin astoundingly well! I saw on page 274 of my Vol. 2 "Headgear" a pic of my hat with the cockade and another on page 289. It speaks also of a short period of transitional models before the final adoption of a singular one. Also on page 290 at the bottom you see one with a different pin and wreath but similar eagle and setup, it states it was not permitted for wear by veterans. So did a veteran alter this cap as assumed on page 290? Or did someone just put this one on there because the wear a patina match the rest perfectly...
    Good question! As the cap on p. 290 was made of black fabric I don't think it is really comparable with the blue cap in the O.P. I am afraid we'll never know who put this eagle ont the cap and when it was put there. (Any extra holes of other insignia on the crown?)

?

Looks like reichsbahn eagle I believe.

Tim

the patina and wear of the eagle match the wreath, and there is 100% zero other holes in the cap where the cockade would be. That's what threw me off.

It also retains its tag.

State Veterans Association Cap    NSRKB

I agree with Tim. Eagle is a Reichsbahn Cap Eagle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast